JOB TITLE: Senior Technician, Global Sensory
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Business Scientist, Global Sensory
The Senior Technician will be responsible for supporting sensory testing programs, with a focus on the descriptive program, and also including discrimination, consumer, and qualitative testing method. The Senior Technician will partner with the Principal Technician and Sensory Analysts to execute studies so results are highly accurate and reproducible. The Senior Technician will also support functions needed to execute the descriptive panel; upkeep of the Sensory laboratory and Sensory evaluation rooms; and maintaining good safety and housekeeping practices by adhering to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines.
As a Senior Technician, your job responsibilities include:
Sensory Descriptive Panel Support
- Support daily operations for sensory testing programs, sensory datasheet, including reference procurement, preparation using protocols, documentation of preparation protocols, recording of pull dates for commercial products, updating & organization of session lab logs, and restocking supplies & proper storage of products.
Support the upkeep of Sensory Laboratory and Sensory Panel Rooms
- Support and oversee the Technician set up for each panel session to include following set up logs, sample labelling, delivery of samples & other materials to each panelist and Sensory laboratory and panel room clean up.
Oversee panel sample set up according to written procedures
- Reviews, updates and maintains descriptive panel schedule and follows up to make sure studies are on track and samples are submitted in time to move projects to successful completion.
The Senior Technician position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have an enthusiasm for lab work and method/application development and willingness to learn new skills.
- Implement improvements by keeping an open mind and actively incorporate change.
- Can adapt to dynamic work environment are self-motivated and results-driven.
- Can address multiple priorities and bring work to a closure and are a team player.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a science discipline with 1-3 years of laboratory or product development lab experience, preferably in a consumer packaged goods Company.
- Basic chemistry skills with laboratory environment experience and solid understanding of lab practices.
- Must be highly interested in food and able to taste all types of food and beverage. Experience working a food laboratory preferable.
- Knowledge of sensory consumer science, sweeteners, modified starches, hydrocolloids, high potency sweeteners, and flavors a plus.
- Ability to comprehend and follow well defined and documented technical instructions and sensory procedures.
- Ability to perform standardized and routine assignments involving a sequence of related operations with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to work independently and accurately carry out assignments, review data for accuracy and communicate results in a timely manner to project technical leaders.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capabilities and solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required for formulation work.
- Ability to effectively interact with cross-functional project teams and work with a diverse group of people and work styles across all levels of the organization.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate in a clear and straightforward manner.
Relocation Available: None
Job Grade: C
Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.