TITLE: Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement, Corporate
LOCATION: Westchester, IL
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Continuous Improvement
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement, Corporate to work with the Corporate CI team to mentor and/or support regional CI organizations, support specific improvement teams, and advance the global CI implementation strategy. They will provide data analytic support to the Corporate CI effort as well as the Corporate Capital Procurement team and other Manufacturing Excellence efforts such as AMG.
As a Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement, Corporate, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and support of the global Lean Six Sigma implementation strategy, to establish and drive a data-driven culture of continuous process improvement utilizing CI and LSS principles
- Drive and improve Continuous Improvement (CI) project performance with Power Steering data analytics
- Lead and execute CI maturity model assessments and global improvement plans and drive development of a global CI project pipeline for regions and groups
- Mentor green belts and black belt projects and Lean Six Sigma tools utilization and serve as a focal point for CI activities and be recognized as a visible champion and expert resource
- Lead or co-lead Lean Six Sigma teams working on complex and cross-functional improvement efforts that deliver process improvements and financially contribute to the business
- Develop and maintain custom reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously improve data quality, process integrity and productivity
- Provide data analytics support for the Corporate Capital Procurement team to identify opportunities to leverage our global capital program.
- Provide insights into supplier's market dynamics by monitoring and reporting on market trends affecting sourcing leverages
- Support Digital Strategy action plan through application of data analytics for the OE group
- Support business needs for assigned area of responsibility by monitoring assigned systems and extracting required data to build scheduled reports for key stakeholders through the application of advanced data analytics.
- Develop a global plan for and implement Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Big Data Analytics including supporting training requirements.
- Develop and implement plan for the quantification of process capabilities (Cpks) for all key manufacturing processes to improve quality and customer service
- Lead global CI training tracking/reporting, including conversion to Cornerstone
- Develop and maintain training plans, materials, and documentation for CI practioners, coordinate new user and ongoing training.
- Coordinate global CI Leaders conferences and communications with Sr. Director
The Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement, Corporate position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are a demonstrated self-starter with strong leadership skills, a high degree of integrity, and demonstrable results
- Leverage understanding of the business operating environment and customer needs to deliver results effectively
- Implement improvements while actively incorporating and supporting change
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively proposes and implements projects and solutions that increase value and improve business performance
- Seek opportunities (training, projects, etc.) that develop knowledge and skills to become a stronger contributor
- Proactively assists others in response to their business needs in order to build strong working relationships
- Have skill and interest in complex data analytics and reporting.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 10 years (15 years preferred) experience in an operational, technical, or business role
- Trained as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred) or Green Belt with immediate capacity to become a Black Belt within 6 months (company will provide training)
- Maintain and continue to expand personal knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and other CI methods and tools.
- Knowledge of corn wet milling and/or syrup refining a plus
- Capable of leading and sponsoring a data oriented environment with an emphasis on statistics, process improvement, and data analysis
- Capable of facilitating and training Lean Six Sigma (White Belt through Green Belt) classes
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent
- Strong project management, presentation, communication and coaching skills
- Travel will average 30%, with periods of more intense travel activity possible
Fluency in English is required. If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
Relocation Available: YES – Relocation Within Country Considered
Grade Level: I