Job Title: Senior Manager, Process Safety
Position Location: Westchester, IL or Indianapolis, IN
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Process Safety Manager to provide expertise and drive process safety improvement globally. The Corporate Environment, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) team is focused on providing the business with systems, processes and competencies to achieve world class performance and compliance with our EHS&S Management System Principles.
As Senior Manager Process Safety, your responsibilities will include:
- Functional leadership to drive development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans targeted at improving overall company Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Provision of subject matter expertise, principally in process safety issues, on a global basis to support regional businesses and facilities.
- Chairing our key Dry Thermal Process Committee & Hazard & Operability Studies and participation in EHS&S Management System audits.
- Building great talent in the organization through training and coaching of key personnel in PSM
The Senior Manager Process Safety position is well-suited for you if you:
- Drive company-wide delivery of plans to develop, implement and support strategy in PSM
- Inspire bold innovation through support of technical evaluation and improvement in plant processes with respect to PSM through detailed knowledge of Company Engineering and EHS&S Standards, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Create competitive edge by providing clear and concise direction to Regional Safety Managers, Site Managers, Site Safety Managers & Engineers regarding PSM safety standards and guidelines.
- Identify, develop and deliver appropriate PSM related training, tool kits and documentation, promoting a culture of continuous learning and personnel development globally by identifying skills gaps and recommending learning / experience gaining opportunities.
- Build long-term relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders both internally and externally
- Benchmark external safety programs and performance.
Qualified candidates will have :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering or Process Safety
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a plant and/or corporate environment within a process or chemical industry handling hazardous materials
- Experience in plant project / process engineering or maintenance functions
- Experience in a multi-site role and / or international experience
- Possesses depth and breadth of relevant functional capabilities (eg PSM & Hazard Study Leadership)
- Recognized leader in the HSS field with at least 5 years relevant experience of management of process safety (eg through job role & experience of Safety Engineer Certification etc)
- Continuous Improvement skills, such as Lean Six Sigma, a benefit
- Domestic & International Travel for approx. 25% of job time
Relocation Available? Globally
Job Grade: I
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is a FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.