Title: Sales Excellence & Global Key Accounts Manager
Position Location: Westchester, Illinois US
The Sales Excellence & Global Key Accounts Manager will play a central role in supporting Ingredion’s effort to become a world class commercial organization. The role is considered critical in ensuring a successful practical roll-out of the Sales Excellence initiative and the continued effort to enable growth with the Global Key Accounts.
Specifically, the new manager will be material in the development and implementation of the corporate Sales Excellence initiative (50%) and Global Key Account Program (50%). The manager will be playing an integral part in developing and driving the implementation of the structures, tools and processes around the global key account program and Sales Excellence initiative.
Main responsibilities include project management, best practices and tool development, external vendor collaboration and support to Sales Excellence Director, GKA VP and global- and regional key accounts.
Supervision: No direct reports
- Drive practical implementation of GKA structures and processes together with team, e.g. lead, structure and drive the processes around account planning, goal setting, negotiation, etc.
- Lead effort to create tools, processes, mechanisms, and automation that reduce the burden on our sales teams
- Structure and maintain forum for best practice sharing
- Help outline program and then drive implementation of new elements
- Opportunity consolidation and overview - help drive project pipeline overview, opps mgt and resource spend
- Strengthen link between GKA and regions
- Organize events and workshops
- Drive value pricing project
- Support implementation and development of Sales Excellence program, leading specific subprojects and initiatives w. high degree of focus on key account excellence
- Structure a Key Account Excellence platform under the Sales Excellence program
- Establish key account best practice forum for regional account not being part of the tier 1 in the GKA program – primary focus on sharing and rolling out Key Account best practices across the regions and the broader organization
- Develop and roll-out Key Account tools under the SalesEx umbrella
- Support development of sales academy - but with special emphasis on key accounts
- Identify new key account best practices via external engagement (SAMA, CEB, etc.)
- Setup and drive customer segmentation project
- Support SFDC roll-out
- Lead development, production, coordination, and delivery of relevant presentations and tools as directed.
- Clearly communicate tools and findings; prepare and present data and conclusions through use of visual aids (charts, graphs, presentations, etc.) to internal & external audiences.
- Ensure strong engagement with regions an global functions to constantly improve initiatives (SalesEx and GKA) and help build support for programs.
- Identify key needs and priorities. Create linkages between corporate/regional priorities and external best practices
- Engage customers, external partners (e.g. SAMA, CEB, etc.) and Ingredion’s Go-to-Market leaders to develop an understanding of trends in Sales Excellence and Key Account Management
- Translate trends and best practices into relevant and appreciated tools for commercial organization
- Own roll-out process of tools and best practices
- Ensure thriving and relevant key account management forum
- Serve as a member of the Sales Excellence development team and the Global Key Account program.
- Attend global and regional account meetings and Sales Excellence steering team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field and 2+ years of relevant strategic marketing, commercial or key account work experience, with knowledge of ingredients and their functionalities
- Ideally work experience within Food, Ingredient, Pharma, or Specialty Chemicals industries
- In-depth knowledge of sales processes, advanced questioning skills
- Proven track record of working in matrix organizations internally/externally across regions and functions
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Able to manage complex situations with multiple locations
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Computer literacy in Office, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English required, fluency in any additional European language is a plus
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- A drive for results and the ability to establish high performance goals and standards
- The ability to deal with high level stakeholders
- The ability to create global networks and leverage organization and executives
- A strong driver and team player, capable of working across cultures, regions and functions internally as well as externally
- The ability to drive major programs
- The ability to withstand pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communicator
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.