Title: QC Lead
Location: Bedford Park, IL
The QC Lead is responsible for the Wet & Dry Starch, and Corn Unloading laboratories and personnel (7 direct reports). This position will coordinate and support the accurate and timely testing of starch products to provide exceptional experience to internal and external customers for data and information on process and product quality. Assist Quality Control Manager with technical duties to achieve departmental goals.
As a QC Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining accurate laboratory records for compliance with retention and data recording procedure.
- Assessing the current demands on laboratory services; prioritizing testing based on business needs and departmental goals. Working with Analysts and Operations to schedule weekly laboratory support.
- Maintaining calibration records and standards traceable to NIST where applicable.
- Preparing and standardizing chemical reagents when necessary.
- Ensuring necessary laboratory supplies and equipment are available.
- Overseeing and administering the laboratory proficiency testing program by dispensing appropriate test samples.
- Maintaining and monitoring CRA check sample program for Argo. Coordinating the timely execution of sample orders.
- Ensuring special test analysis needed to support optimization of in process parameters is performed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducting Out of Specification investigations, monitoring OOS trends, and implementing required corrective action.
- Maintaining records to generate Monthly First Pass Compliance reports.
- Seeking and implementing processes to continuously improve and optimize laboratory operations and efficiencies. Sustaining 5S2 by assuring performance of weekly audits and follow ups on corrections.
- Revising and developing laboratory SOPs to stay current with scientific developments, customer, and business needs.
- Evaluating new analytical equipment and instrumentation methodology.
- Developing and implementing training on new technology and equipment to expand the skill sets of Analysts. Training laboratory Analysts on current GMP’s, GLP’s, ISO, and standard test methods and procedures. Maintaining training records.
- Working with Operations providing technical assistance to identify, investigate and resolve process discrepancies.
The QC Lead position is well-suited for you if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Food Science.
- Possess good working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Supervisory experience and history developing lab analysts.
- Experience with analytical chemistry and chromatography.
- Experience working with equipment for the determination of physical properties of materials including; Viscosity, Moisture content and Particle Size Analysis.
- Experience using titrimetric methods to determine levels of chemical species in raw materials and finished products
- Familiarity with rapid and quantitative determination of toxins in raw material and finished products.
- Must be available for some weekend and after hour coverage as needed.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Lean Six Sigma Belt Certified, a plus.
- Ability to rapidly learn new skills and expand expertise into other areas of science.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Strong oral, written, and computer skills.
Relocation Available? Within Country may be considered
Job Grade: F
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.