Title: Manager, Continuous Improvement
Location: Bedford Park, IL
Lead Continuous Improvement by initiating and sustaining Lean Six Sigma manufacturing methodologies, as well as facilitating an operational culture of Lean thinking. This role will develop, implement, and sustain Continuous Improvement projects by supporting key Lean elements in all aspects of the plant.
As a Continuous Improvement Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing a Continuous Improvement process, using Lean Six Sigma techniques, to support operational objectives through improved processes.
- Delivering an ambitious improvement plan to the plant manager as a basis for goal setting to department managers, and deliver multi millions in savings per year.
- Assisting leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key business/functional processes.
- Identifying areas of opportunity and initiates projects with achievable goals. Supports operations through facilitation and implementation of Continual Improvement projects, sustaining, improving and streamlining overall processes within the organization.
- Working with LSS Practitioners and Continuous Improvement Teams to understand and build organizational strengths.
- Identifying improvement margin (safety, quality, service, cost reduction). Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Developing training material on relevant subject matter and trains key change agents on new methodologies. Acting as a subject matter expert for improvement methodologies.
- Supporting the development and deployment of Argo long term strategy.
- Developing systems for root cause problem elimination that utilizes team problem solving approach to resolve issues identified in design or manufacturing, and supports execution of corrective actions.
- Leading Kaizen events / workshops and process improvement teams.
- Leveraging analytical skills to drive strategy through goal setting, priority identification, idea generation, and problem solving.
- Supporting department management in identification of key success drivers and execution of improvement objectives.
- Preparing and facilitates idea generation workshops with operators and management.
- Coaching local teams in identification of opportunities and execution of projects according to a defined methodology.
- Supporting employee training in the proper application of Continuous Improvement concepts. Coaches and mentors Green Belt candidates to ensure successful completion of projects and receipt of certification.
- Providing ongoing mentorship to certified Green Belts to ensure growth of skill sets, sustained project delivery, and leverage of successes.
- Collaborating across business and functional units in the region to ensure alignment of improvement initiative.
The Continuous Improvement Manager position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to concisely communicate objectives and results to reach targeted goals.
- Ability to work as part of a team with strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing several projects / initiatives at one time/ advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational/multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct line of authority.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, 5-7 years of professional experience in Manufacturing preferably in Leading/Implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Exposure in implementing Lean transformation in manufacturing environments is desirable.
- Continuous Improvement competencies including: Six Sigma methodology, 5S, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret technical procedures and standards.
- Experience with statistical software packages, process simulation, and risk analysis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Relocation Available? Within country
Job Grade: G
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.