Position Location: Indianapolis, IN
Business Unit: North America Manufacturing
The laboratory technician will be responsible for accurately performing analytical tests to support operations and meet customer expectations.
Supervision: No. direct reports
- Accountable for finished product and in-process quality data. Prioritize testing based on business needs and departmental goals.
- Demonstrate safe laboratory practices and maintain environment in a safe, clean and organized manner.
- Provide technical and professional assistance to operations management as needed to support the plant’s quality goals.
Maintain well organized and accurate records to meet customer, regulatory and external certification (BRC, ISO) requirements.
Revise laboratory SOP’s as needed to stay current with scientific developments, customer and business needs.
Build control charts for summarizing data collection and testing performance.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers that facilitate the company’s goals.
Team-oriented and well-organized with the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels within the organization.
- Provide back-up coverage for technician testing of both in-process and final product approvals.
Outstanding analytical technique demonstrated in laboratory.
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Microbiology or a technical field and/or significant laboratory experience in food manufacturing.
Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and SAP.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Very strong problem-solving skills in improving analytical results, resolving out of control standards and/or identifying opportunities from proficiency testing results.
- Detail oriented and able to multitask to achieve desired goals within established timeframes.
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: C