Job Title: Sales Intern
Position Location: Bridgewater Office – Bridgewater, NJ
Business Unit: North America
Semester: Summer 2018
The Ingredion Sales team is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic college student to join the organization for an internship for the summer of 2018. As a Sales intern at Ingredion, you will have the opportunity to work with a number of go-to-market teams, as well as senior management, to support key initiatives focused on enhancing sales team effectiveness and customer experience.
Our Sales internship program will support a variety of key activities, including sales process review and enhancement, customer forecasting accuracy, competitive intelligence gathering and more. Each area will require the intern to support various projects and initiative’s, all while working with Ingredion professionals from our sales, sales support, technical service, marketing and customer service teams.
- Understanding of larger strategies and how they are operationally executed.
- Be asked to support one or more projects in assigned area.
- Managing a project from the implementing to recommending phase.
- Special projects as necessary.
- Support competitor intelligence gathering
- Perform a variety of other ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Assist in the identification of improvement opportunities and development of action plans.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to deliver results and support business performance.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key contacts within the Sales, Technical and Marketing teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Currently working towards a bachelor's degree in Business/Management, Marketing, Food Science or related field.
- Candidates must have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Ability to work 40 hrs/week during the internship term.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficiency in managing data within Excel or similar databases.
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous improvement skills.
Desired behavior, personal attributes, (Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently.
- Strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with ability to be productive independently.
- Ability to listen and understand a process before recommending improvements.
- Demonstrate capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Continual learning to increase the ability to solve issues.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.