Associate HR Generalist
Position Location: Westchester, IL
Business Unit: North America Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Salary Grade: D
Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
The Associate HR Generalist provides a wide range of services to enable the delivery of effective HR support to the organization and to promote a positive employee experience. This role will be responsible for accurate and timely data entry into company information systems, file management, coordinating candidate interviews, conducting new hire orientation, responding to employee requests, and routine data reporting and analysis.
- Support a positive candidate and new hire experience through effective coordination and delivery of interview logistics, start date preparation activities, and new hire orientation.
- Execute talent processes in company systems (including data entry of new hires, job changes, terminations, and leaves of absence) while ensuring accuracy and integrity. Ensure that relevant internal notifications are properly aligned, communicated, and approved.
- Provide routine reporting from company systems to enable manager action relative to annual processes (goal setting, mid-year reviews, year-end reviews) and company programs (such as recognition)
- Process invoices and expenses associated with company programs (tuition reimbursement, relocation, immigration, BYOD). Escalate for signature and follow up as needed.
- Create offer packages for new hires and internal employees as needed. Draft new hire and organizational announcements. Organize and maintain physical and electronic files in accordance with company policies and procedures and legal requirements.
- Generate and maintain budget information/reporting and accuracy of accounts to support business processes and decision making.
- Support the coordination and development of meetings, training, and events in conjunction with other team members
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and security for documents, information and projects.
- Identify process improvement/standardization opportunities and drive projects to help avoid errors in work, reduce wasted time, and improve the employee experience
- Adjust priorities as needed to effectively multi-task and complete work within deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships within the organization in order to effectively coordinate and administer HR processes and contribute to HR projects and initiatives.
- Respond to routine employee requests for HR information about policies, procedures, and use of Workday.
- Provide exceptional customer-focused service to all internal and external contacts
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required, with a preferred major in business, human resources, psychology, or a related discipline. Professional HR certification a plus (SHRM, HRCI, or other).
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to be resourceful, with a clear customer service orientation
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, et. al.) as well as experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), such as Workday
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills required
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate information about HR policies and programs
- Ability to obtain Lean Six Sigma Orange belt certification to facilitate process improvement
- Potential and desire to progress into HR positions of increasing responsibility and complexity over time after successfully delivering in this role
- Ability to relocate in the future for opportunities is a plus
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.