Position Title: Unit Manager
Location: Beford Park, IL
The Unit Manager is responsible for leading the Argo Unit processes and personnel to safely & cost effectively execute unit operational strategies that support site and divisional strategies.
As a Unit Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibly managing the identified Argo Unit Department in all aspects of EHS which includes (i) ensuring all Argo Environmental reporting requirements are met, (ii) timely investigation and reporting of all incidents and injuries through the implementation of RCA techniques, (iii) the development and management of annual EHS objectives, (iv) support of site/division safety initiatives.
- Directing Unit assets and personnel to reliably execute production activities in support of business operating plan. Monitoring plant output and communicate plan deviations to site leadership.
- Driving operations and maintenance activities to meet Unit KPI’s including but not limited to Safety, Quality, Cost, Production, Energy Conservation and Site Sustainability Efforts.
- Evaluating, planning, coordinating, prioritizing and recommending capital expenditures and process changes necessary to maintain and improve business efficiencies, facility life or product performance specifications.
- Prioritizing maintenance needs of the unit, to participate in the process of optimizing maintenance staffing and utilization throughout the plant and to foster a culture of ownership and reliability within the unit organization.
- Ensuring available raw materials are processed in a way that provides maximum benefit to the business and that produces products of quality and quantity to meet the projected needs of internal and external customers.
- Identifying and driving execution of Unit Continuous Improvement efforts in support of Unit and site KPIs.
- Directing the implementation and maintenance of cost awareness, control and reduction programs in order to meet or improve upon the financial goals of the unit and plant while protecting investment in current and future capital assets.
- Coordinating activities with other plants and company functional groups to meet overall plant and company goals and strategies.
- Coordinating with Human Resources to manage the hourly workforce in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and in line with Plant Rules.
- Supporting Performance management activities and site development efforts to enhance the capability and provide ongoing personal development for salaried staff.
- Institutionalizing an atmosphere that stressing operator accountability, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement.
The Unit Manager position is well-suited for you if you have:
Sound overall knowledge of manufacturing operations, processes, and customer base.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to lead in a team environment, motivate, build consensus and foster positive relationships with team members and customers.
- Ability to evaluate personnel needs/effectiveness and implement effective development activities for salaried & hourly reports.
- Ability to challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks or work activities; ability to identify and implement creative, innovative solutions, when appropriate.
- Ability to understand and integrate technical and business needs into all activities.
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative; taking responsibility for personal actions, decisions and results.
- Ability to write effectively, give clear and concise presentations, and conduct effective meetings.
- Commitment to, and instills commitment to, total quality excellence.
- Ability to effectively handle a variety of assignments simultaneously and effective in dealing with ambiguity.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree plus significant experience in operations, including management of hourly workforce, or equivalent in education and experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience working preferably in the food or pharmaceutical ingredients or products.
- Knowledge of company and regulatory rules, policies and procedures in the areas of GMP, quality and safety.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.).
Relocation Available? Within Region
Job Grade: H
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.