Manager, Customer Experience
Position Location: Westchester
Business Unit: North America
Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Ingredion has an opportunity at our Westchester, IL location for a North America Customer Experience Strategy hire. This person will champion the Customer Experience agenda, ensuring it is embraced by all functions, and by driving alignment among employees, partners, processes, policies and technology around customers. The Manager of CX will manage the Voice of Customer program and serve as the primary Voice of the Customer and advocate for customers’ needs. Additionally, the person will lead, directly and indirectly, the execution of CX improvement initiatives that create shared value for customers and Ingredion. In addition, the role will quantify the impact of our initiatives in order to demonstrate the business value and return on investment of the CX strategy.
Supervision: No direct reports
As a Sr. Manager, Customer Experience, your responsibilities will include:
- Create shared value by identifying opportunities to visibly and meaningfully elevate the customer experience based on VoC and VoE, using tools such as customer journey mapping and design thinking
- Accountable for the successful end to end project management and delivery of customer experience initiatives and projects
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams to implement CX improvement projects, and facilitate the development of prioritized action plans across the organization
- Work cross functionally to roll out new processes, resources, and systems to increase automation and responsiveness to customers needs
- Drive solutions to resolve high priority customer issues in a timely and accurate manner with assistance from other team members
- Lead the development and execution of the CX Digital Strategy, collaborating for effective execution and accelerated value realization
- Implement and track key performance metrics to measure the impact of customer experience improvement initiatives and demonstrate their value
- Create and promote a business-wide culture of continual CX improvement to consistently drive the kinds of operational and functional improvements which are most valuable to customers
- Manage the VoC program and serve as the leading voice of the customer by acting as a Customer Experience advocate across the business
- Share insights from the VoC program with business process owners and drive action planning that translates these insights into tangible improvements
Qualified Candidate will have:
Significant prior experience in Customer Experience, or related roles with the following experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and develop fact-based recommendations to solve problems, using structured methodologies (e.g. customer journey mapping, design thinking, business process design, and lean six sigma / continuous improvement) to achieve win-win outcomes
- Hands on experience designing and implementing customer experiences, including the ability to incorporate and leverage digital technology / solutions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive creative actions to improve customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively and influence all levels of the organization and across a variety of cultures – both internal and external
- Prior experience with Project Management and Change Management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution
- Strong attention to detail with ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask effectively within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Prior work experience in B2B environment and or manufacturing industry is a plus
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant scientific, engineering, or business discipline. MBA is a plus
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- The ideal candidate’s values, mindset and behaviors should be consistent with Ingredion’s Leader Imperatives:
- Build Great Talent: Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; they scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally
- Create Competitive Edge: Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, make timely decisions that benefit Ingredion globally, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition
- Drive Customer-Focused Mindsets: Create shared value and mutual growth by engaging customers in developing solutions to make Ingredion their partner of choice
- Inspire Bold Innovation: Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value in new ways across customers, processes, products and solutions to stay relevant and competitive in changing markets
Additionally, the ideal candidate should demonstrate the following behaviors and competencies:
- Business Acumen. Knows how businesses work; Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; Knows the competition; Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Drive for Results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; Very bottom-line oriented; Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Process Management. Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; Knows how to organize people and activities; Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; Knows what to measure and how to measure it; Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; Can simplify complex processes
- Organizational Agility. Knowledgeable about how organizations work; Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; Understands the cultures of organizations
- TQM/Re-engineering. Is dedicated to providing organization or enterprise-wide common systems for designing and measuring work processes; Seeks to reduce variances in organization processes; Delivers the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; Is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; Leverages technology to positively impact quality; Is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; Is open to suggestions and experimentation; Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Can see hidden problems; Is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Relocation Available? Within country
Job Grade: TBD
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.