TITLE: Research & Development Technologist
LOCATION: Salem, OR
REPORTS TO: Technical Service Manager
The Research & Development Technologist is responsible for the development of new products and improving existing products and formulations with the goal of driving growth in line with company expectations. In addition, this position facilitates the collaboration between multiple departments and coordinates the specific details required to deliver products to our customers. The R&D Technologist must be creative, a positive team player, and able to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
The Technical Service Group is focused on delivering solutions that can create value for our customers. The Go-to-Market team has decades of experience in fruit and vegetable sourcing, manufacturing, and selling. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees working to deliver profitable growth through sales, quality, and customer service.
As a Research & Development Technologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Formulating new custom blends and modifying existing blends; developing written instructions for new production.
- Sourcing new ingredients to meet the customer specifications, cost targets, and internal guidelines for incoming raw materials. Ensure all ingredients meet quality and regulatory standards.
- Preparing prototypes for presentations and tradeshows to showcase our new products.
- Developing formulas, specifications and label declarations for new products.
- Facilitating the reformulation of existing products to improve quality, reduce cost or to replace an unavailable ingredient.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure the product’s consistency in terms of performance and quality.
The Research & Development Technologist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Management, Food Processing/Manufacturing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience in the food industry (fruit or vegetable experience a plus).
- Lab experience using analytical instrumentation, lab filtration systems, pilot scale equipment, and rovotop.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to organize and support multiple projects in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to understand, identify and track emerging consumer trends.
Relocation Available? No
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Kerr Concentrates is the company for you.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.