Title: Safety & Health Specialist
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Ingredion is hiring a Safety and Health Specialist to plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to support the achievement of plant safety and cost goals.
As Safety Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices related to employee and contractor work, and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Performs health and safety audits related to employee and contractor work, and develops action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Assist in development and delivery of effective safety and environmental training materials.
- Ensure safety process and management systems are effective in maintaining a safe work environment and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Coordinates pre-job safety reviews during regular, shut down, and start-up activities, pre-construction engineering capital projects.
- Performs industrial hygiene sampling and manages respiratory protection and hearing conservation program and equipment.
- Works with occupational health physicians, safety on-site service providers, and workers’ compensation administrator.
- Conducts and participated in incident investigations, root cause analysis and trend analysis for incidents, determines correction actions, and tracks action to completion in incident database.
- Supports the plant security programs, procedures, and personnel. Oversees the plant card access and security camera systems.
- Assists in the coordination and administration of the plant’s Safety Crisis Management, Emergency Action Plan (EAP), and security programs.
- Conducts emergency drills, supports the inspection of fire suppression systems, and portable fire systems to ensure they are in working order.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, EHS or other technical field
- A minimum of five years working in the EHS field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations
- The ability to be on call to support a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Experience in development of training programs and materials
- The ability to interact with all employees at the facility and build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent communication, training and computer skills
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.