Job Title: HR Intern – Compensation & Benefits
Position Location: Westchester Office – Westchester, IL
Business Unit: Corporate
The Ingredion Corporate Human Resource team is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic college student to join the organization for an internship during the summer of 2018. As a Human Resource Intern at Ingredion, you will have the opportunity to work with the Corporate HR team to support the strategy and 2018 goals using continuous improvement best practices. You will be collaborating with various members of the HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems), Compensation and Benefits teams to provide quality HR compliance and project support.
As an HR Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Support of Project Management for implementation of Recruiting and Learning modules in Workday (the Global HRMS).
- Developing and testing new data analytics and dashboards in Workday.
- Review of current executive agreements and support in developing strategy to secure missing agreements.
- Assist with Organizing the Global Mobility Rosters:
- Compiling a list of current and past expats on assignment into one accurate Master list.
- Ensuring all proper agreements are stored in Workday.
- Organize network file structure to ensure documents are easily retrievable and historical documents are archived.
- Help revamp and finalize the draft mobility initiation form to user friendly format
- Perform 1 or more projects in assigned area.
- Complete special projects as necessary and capable.
The HR Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are organized, detailed and serviced oriented
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Are technically proficient and utilize technology in creative problem solving ways
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Human Resources, Business, Economics, HRIS/HRMS or a related field.
- Candidates must have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0.
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the internship term.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficiency in managing data within Excel or similar
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous improvement skills.
- Experience with HRIS system preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function well as a team member or independently.
- Strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment.
- Self-starter with ability to be productive independently.
- Ability to listen and understand a process before recommending improvements.
- Demonstrate capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Continuous learning to increase ability to solve issues.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 Company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.