TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
Title: Intern, R&D Innovation - TIC Gums Summer 2018
Location: White Marsh, MD
Reports To: Food Scientist
The Intern, R&D Innovation, will support the progression of a well-defined research project that is critical for product launch/commercialization. The intern will be involved in testing and evaluating a new product in various food applications. The work would include formulating and testing various food products as well as conducting benchmarking studies against current and competitive products. The work would also include running lab and pilot trials, and recording, interpreting, and communicating results to key stakeholders.
The intern’s research will assist in the development of new value propositions for the new product as well as develop marketing tools to be used during the product launch.
As the Intern, R&D Innovation your responsibilities will include:
- Perform lab/pilot plant experiments, conduct data analysis and interpret results to make recommendations to project team and support the project.
- Operate laboratory equipment safely and with little direct supervision to support project needs. May require modification of standard operating procedures.
- Record data in the Lab Notebook and other archiving databases as appropriate. Effectively communicate results to project teams and stakeholders.
- Organize, summarize and report data generated from these experiments.
- May assist Research/Innovation team with other projects.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines set-out for good housekeeping, GMPs, and safety.
- Work well with others in laboratory and pilot plant. Effectively communicate with colleagues, project teams and key stakeholders.
- Present project status, updates, and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
- At completion of internship period, present research findings to management with recommendations.
The Intern, R&D Innovation position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within R&D and other depts.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Enjoys data analysis and testing
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science with a focus in Culinology preferred
- Must be currrently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Ability to work safely in a lab environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite