Title: Administrative Assistant
Position Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Ingredion has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant at our Bridgewater, NJ office. This position provides a full range of administrative support to the Vice President, Ingredient Solutions, US & Canada and Sales & Marketing Team.
As an Administrative Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide high quality, proactive, and responsive administrative services to the Vice President, Ingredient Solutions, US & Canada.
- Organize and maintain daily schedules and long-term calendar while providing reminders on a timely basis.
- Perform administrative duties, including document tracking and management; preparing reports, spreadsheets and presentations, routine correspondence and letters; answering telephones; scheduling travel arrangements; processing and distributing mail; photocopying and scanning of documents scheduling meetings and conference calls; preparing expense reports; sending facsimiles; preparing messenger and overnight delivery packages and ordering departmental supplies.
- Anticipate needs of the Executive and respond appropriately.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to avoid errors in work and wasted time.
- As needed, expand level of skill with software and equipment to increase productivity and provide improved support.
- Provide support to the Bridgewater site on an as needed basis.
- Ensure accurate and orderly files and record-keeping.
Meeting and Travel Planning
- Coordinate travel scheduling, meeting and event participation, reservations, and all conference or scheduling related activities for the Executive.
- Includes coordination and facilitation of travel, conference calls and schedules, both domestically and internationally.
- Manage and coordinate logistics for several off-site meetings/events (site tours, negotiate hotel contracts, source various vendors and negotiate best price, coordinate meals, hotel reservations, transportation, prepare meeting agenda, etc.)
Build internal network
- Stay abreast of organizational changes and coordinate with administrative assistants in other departments to proactively identify and resolve issues.
Bridgewater site support
- Collaborate and support coordination of certain key site meetings, customer visits and site events.
The Executive Assistant position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Ability to deliver high-quality results under pressure and within tight time frames.
- Willingness & availability to work early mornings, evenings or weekends if necessary.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid judgment, including ability to prioritize work appropriately.
- Results oriented, proven self-starter who can drive for results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Willingness to participate as team member to support other departmental administrative assistants.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Six plus years prior experience as an administrative assistant to senior-level executives or as an executive assistant. . Experience within a publicly traded company is highly preferred.
- Previous experience handling administrative duties independently with the authority to act on behalf of executive, where appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner.
- Proficient proofreading and editing skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft software (i.e., Word, Excel, and Power Point,). Ability to learn new computer software. Proven speed and accuracy in computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and complete assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Ability to prioritize work. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. The successful candidate will be expected to provide examples of organization and time management tools and methods used to manage or prioritize workload.
- Experience handling confidential information and correspondence and a familiarity with methods and approaches to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to solve work/position related problems.
- Experience supporting sales leadership a plus.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is a FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.