TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
Title: Intern, Process Engineering
Location: Belcamp, MD
Reports To: Manufacturing Process Manager
The Process Engineering Intern will support continuous improvement and lean initiatives within the manufacturing organization. The intern will be responsible for performing time studies and other data collection to assist with process improvement projects. The main area of focus will be the bin blending work center to support maximizing output.
As an Intern, Process Engineering, your responsibilities will include:
- Learn basic lean terminology and methodologies
- Learn TIC Gums manufacturing and process engineering processes and technologies
- Observe and complete time studies on bin blending equipment in order to maximize efficiencies
- Record data in Excel and other archiving databases as appropriate. Effectively communicate results to project teams and stakeholders
- Organize, summarize and report data generated from the time studies and make recommendations for improvements
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Assist Manufacturing Process Manager and Process Engineer with daily tasks
- As needed, may assist on projects with spray dryers and/or mill equipment
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines set-out for good housekeeping, GMPs, and safety
- Present project status, updates, and outcomes to team and stakeholders
The Intern, Process Engineering position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within the Manufacturing and Engineering teams.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Enjoy data analysis
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing/plant environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel; knowledge of other basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word and PowerPoint).