TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
Title: Supply Chain Intern
Location: Belcamp, MD
Reports To: Supply Chain Planning Manager
The Supply Chain Intern will be responsible for assisting the supply chain planning team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives. This individual will have the opportunity to be an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities, including analytics, reporting, preparation for new ERP conversion, and creation of new planning tools.
As the Supply Chain Intern your responsibilities will include:
- Re-evaluation of planning parameters within current ERP system (Sage X3); make changes as necessary in order to maintain parameters at optimum levels
- Develop a reporting tool for team members to easily utilize and obtain up-to-date metrics information
- Gain exposure to an assigned Supply Chain work center to support continuous improvement and organizational metrics
- May assist with the creation of a planning tool that allows better visibility to work orders
- Present project status, updates, and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
- At completion of internship period, present findings to management with recommendations.
The Supply Chain Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within Supply Chain and other departments.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Enjoys data management and analysis
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Continuous improvement skills