TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
Title: Intern, Technical Services (Inside Sales)
Location: White Marsh, MD
Reports To: Inside Sales Supervisor
The Technical Services summer intern will work directly with our Technical Services (Inside Sales) team and will be located at our Texture and Innovation Center in White Marsh, MD. In this role, the intern will shadow the TIC Gums Technical Service Team (aka Gum Gurus) and provide assistance with customer requests and inquiries. This internship is ideal for Food Science majors who are interested in a potential sales/business development track.
As the Intern, Technical Services (Inside Sales) your responsibilities will include:
- Complete customer documentation and literature requests
- Field calls from the technical hotline, chat and website. Respond to inquiries from customers. As needed, support outside sales and marketing in addressing requests.
- Update salesforce database with Inside sales account information
- Learn the inside sales model to provide back-up customer interaction support to TSR’s
- Demonstrate technical understanding of product line and sales proficiency
- Support marketing with assigned tasks that may include creating content for use in blog responses
The Intern, Technical Services (Inside Sales) position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within Sales and Marketing
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Enjoy working with customers
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science with an aptitude for technical sales and a desire to pursue a technical sales career with TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Ability to work safely in an office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)