Provide project engineering support and leadership to assist the Cardinal Plant in meeting capital, safety, quality, production and cost reduction goals
As a Project Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Work with contractors and vendors to specify equipment and installations.
- Ensure regulatory and company compliance with all applicable standards, procedures, and best working practices.
- Demonstrate good practices and leadership in safety and environmental stewardship.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to the plant.
- Work with the production, engineering, and other plant teams to improve safety, product quality, and production efficiencies.
- Actively participate in Root Cause Analysis discussions and implement solutions as identified.
- Responsible for concept, design, estimating, proposal submittal, purchasing, installation, start-up, commissioning, documentation, training, and closure of capital projects.
- Utilize methodologies including Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis, Effective Communication, 5S, where appropriate.
- Demonstrate completed projects meet the design objectives.
- Coordinating activities with individuals from other functional areas within the company to support overall business strategy and goals.
- Maintaining open communication with departmental personnel.
- Providing exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Assist in mentoring of less experienced engineers.
The Project Engineer position is well-suited for you if you:
Possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with engineers with a variety of experience
Work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships at multiple organizational levels and across different functions.
Demonstrate a degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation in handling complex technical assignments, with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate leadership potential, are well-organized and team-oriented.
Qualified candidates will have:
University degree in Applied Sciences in Mechanical, Chemical or Food Engineering discipline.
At least five years of related work experience in food industry or similar manufacturing business preferred. Salary and title to be commensurate with experience.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Sound technical ability and experience.
Good project management skills.
Knowledge of engineering and unit operations relevant to the corn wet milling industry, such as basic chemistry, heat and material balances, mechanical and physical/chemical separations and energy management.
Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify opportunities or improvements, make recommendations, implement action plans, and follow up to assure effective results.
Demonstrate knowledge of the use of personal computers to prepare reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using MS Windows-based programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Ability to effect change through persuasion and good communication.
Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Multi-tasking and time management skills.
Ability to deal with ambiguity
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things. We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.