Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Ingredion has an opportunity at our Westchester, IL location for a Document Control Administrator. Within this role you will be responsible for managing site documents to ensure accuracy, quality, and integrity.
As a Document Control Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate Internal Audit Program. Review completed audit reports for accuracy and assign QIAs for any identified non-conformances. Review closed QIA records for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure ISO document adherence to site ISO, HACCP, Food Safety, and Safety program requirements.
- Review Packaging Department production records for accuracy, quality, and integrity, ensuring compliance to ISO and Food Safety/HACCP requirements.
- Maintain control of site documents in the Intelex system which includes adding of new documents, routing updated documents for approvals, finalizing document approvals, and archiving obsolete documents as needed.
- Maintain quality document hard copy storage systems for the Quality Department.
- Communicate regularly, to plant team members, the status of open QIA and NCR records and track performance. Communicate monthly to site management regarding QIA and NCR performance.
- Support employee training initiatives on the use of the Intelex document control system and eQMS.
Qualified Candidate will have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Industrial Engineering or in related field; or commensurate experience in quality, operations, or regulatory areas.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, BRC Food Safety, and ISO 17025 standard requirements.
- Knowledge of site food safety, HACCP, ISO, and safety program requirements
- Demonstrated ability of working well independently with minimal supervision; actively seeks guidance when needed to maintain progress on assignments.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills, with attention to detail; able to advance and monitor progress on multiple requests simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Experience with SAP and Intelex.
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies):
- Delivering on Strategy - Providing responses to internal customers within required timeframe.
- Passionately Driving for Results – Balances multiple demands involving several groups while meeting business needs.
- Operating with Agility – Works proactively to improve processes in area of responsibility and supports colleagues in understanding changes.
- Encouraging Personal Growth – Seeks opportunities (training, projects, etc.) that develop knowledge and skills to become a stronger contributor.
- Relationships and People – Proactively helps others and responds to their business needs to build strong working relationships.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: C
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.