Title: Procurement Agent
Location: Bedford Park, IL (Argo)
Ingredion is hiring a Procurement Agent to negotiate, settle, and administer purchase agreements. This includes, but is not limited to, internal needs analysis, evaluation of supplier capabilities, quote solicitation and evaluation, negotiation of long-term agreements and supplier selection. This position provides input to the strategic plans related to supply management, monitor supplier performance and ensure that supplier decisions fulfill the daily needs of the plant.
As a Procurement Agent, your responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating, settling, and administering purchase agreements for capital projects and packaging as prioritized by the business.
- Creating timelines for procurement drafts bids, proposals and evaluations to ensure cost competiveness and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Supporting global sourcing strategies and alignment with overall category strategy and lead sourcing initiatives to drive measurable improvements in the areas of customer satisfaction, compliance and cost benefits.
- Reviewing contractor bid lists on a regular basis, including re-qualification based on contractor performance. Ensure suppliers comply with required insurance, quality and safety standards.
- Investigating and evaluating data on new and existing sources of supply.
- Analyzing and creating models for spend and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Creating purchase orders and expediting purchasing processes and ensure communication to requestors.
- Resolving invoice concerns/discrepancies.
- Utilizing company eSourcing and Contract Management tools for tracking and ensure consistency.
- Monitoring supplier performance reports and focus on supplier development, with aim of controlling cost and quality issues.
- Providing input to the organization's purchasing strategy.
- Cross training and learning other procurement responsibilities.
- Assisting with conducting purchasing training either one-on-one or in groups with an emphasis on conveying new processes regarding construction procure to pay (P2P) process.
- Building relationships with internal departments to provide guidance related to goods and services.
- Working as liaison between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers to ensure correct materials are ordered and budgets/timelines are met.
- Providing leadership across facility lines to deliver regional goals.
The Procurement Agent position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply Ingredion’s Quality, Financial, and Safety standards.
- Ability to communicate across functional lines and at all levels. Establish a high degree of credibility with staff and suppliers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to lead in a team environment, build consensus and foster positive relationships with team members and suppliers.
- Strong team focus and a desire to achieve results including the ability to manage multiple priorities and time lines.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain management, or other technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate service agreements in support of specific business goals and strategies.
- Proven knowledge and experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain, purchasing or materials management.
- Knowledge and understanding of purchasing practices, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of SAP and creating purchase orders, a must.
- Experience using eSolutions, a plus.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data, create models, and make sourcing decisions based on strategy of the business.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products.
- Familiar with ISO and FSC22000 requirements in food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma tools, a plus.
Relocation: Yes with in region
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.