Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
The Specialist, Talent Management & Data Analytics will serve as the primary contact/ expert for North America talent management analytics. This role is responsible for managing and continuously improving our reporting capabilities for turnover/retention, Achieve Recognition, Achieve Learning, engagement and other employee/pulse surveys and data analysis. Role will be expected to use Workday and other data collection tools to provide proactive insights to NA HR leadership and ongoing reporting of trends/progress for areas such as: diversity in hiring, promotions/succession planning; high potential turnover, fill rates by high potentials, pipeline monitoring, recognition program progress, Training Program employee completion, and others as needed. For analysis, this role may collaborate with HR business partners and other generalists. For Learning & Development, this role will support learning program execution, tracking and reporting to provide information related learning program investment and impact.
As a Specialist, Talent Management & Data Analytics, your responsibilities will include:
- Consult with NA HR leadership to ensure clear understanding and interpretation of HR metrics and identify opportunities to help HR and Talent leaders understand the data at a deeper level
- Conduct data analyses and present the data in a way that clearly and concisely “tells the story” for business leaders. Partner with the Talent Director and NA HR Lead to prepare presentations for the North America Leadership Team and NA HR Leadership
- Support and/or coordinate the rollout of the employee engagement survey and follow up action planning for North America. Consult with business leaders to create high quality action/improvement plans. Ensure global processes and metrics are implemented to track survey follow-up, action planning and impact
- Assist with the annual People & Capability Review (PCR - talent planning) by managing and preparing data to help HR leaders make fact-based, informed decisions about the organization’s future leaders
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing improvement of global HR information systems, focusing primarily on aspects related to talent management and HR metrics
- Support the implementation of analytics and tools to support strategic workforce planning. Analyze large amounts of internal data to find critical gaps in the workforce that may impact business results. Identify key external trends and benchmarks that inform and complement internal workforce analysis
- Continually improve entry and exit surveys in order to analyze data across the employee lifecycle. Generate insights and partner with business leaders to make recommendations that help improve employee engagement and retention
- Design and implement tools and/or metrics to measure effectiveness of mergers and acquisitions
- Find opportunities to use HR metrics to create dialogue, generate deeper insights, and drive action in critical areas
- Provide support to HR business partners and Talent professionals throughout the global business. In particular, help them utilize the HR information system to generate metrics and help them analyze data to generate insights and inform decisions
- Support LMS administration, scheduling training, and providing reporting/metrics based on Learning program goals and desired outcomes (such as promotions following a manager program, training completion and pass rates for courses that require certification); which includes:
- Create and maintain employee training records
- Post, load, update, and remove e-learning content to the LMS
- Run LMS reports and dashboards for training completion progress
- Assist with LMS related inquiries and requests
Qualified Candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in a business discipline (e.g., Human Resources, Organizational Strategy, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance); Bachelor of Science is preferred
- Master’s degree in HR Administration, I/O Psychology, OD, Org. Behavior or Finance, or MBA is desired
- 1-3 years of practical human resources business experience, ideally with a generalist or specialist scope
- Ability to effectively analyze and synthesize large amounts of complex data into relevant, concise business insights
- Consulting skills and experience with senior business leaders. Ability to establish and leverage relationships with business stakeholders
- Business communication, presentation and writing skills. Ability to communicate technical information and data to a non-technical audience in a logical, concise manner
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at once
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Organizing – Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations
- Self-Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits
Relocation: Yes, within country only
Job Level: E
What is the formula for a winning career?
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.