JOB TITLE: Senior Food Technologist, Savory
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate, Savory Applications
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Food Technologist to support the design and execution of product development, customer support, and applied research projects in Savory Applications. The Senior Technologist will support projects of defined scope with high level of independence. The Senior Technologist will also support the development of savory capabilities in the organization including providing required education and training.
As a Senior Technologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Marketing, Technical Service Teams and other cross-functional teams to support new product development and customer projects. In addition, serving as an expert resource for these teams.
- Managing projects by planning, designing and conducting experiments/trials in the laboratory and pilot plant and conducting data analysis to develop conclusions and recommendations. Executing and/or developing methods for finished applications to assess the performance of ingredients/technologies.
- Giving technical presentations to key stakeholders and external customers.
- Writing white papers, presenting at technical conferences to promote savory expertise, ingredients, and solutions.
- Developing industry relationships and networks within organizations like Association for Dressings & Sauces (ADS) and IFT.
- Completing technical project reports and presentations and providing project status updates, plans, milestones and outcomes to team and stakeholders as required.
- Conducting prior art searches (literature, patents) related to projects and keep appropriate records (maintaining lab notebooks for all the projects) to support Intellectual Property development.
- Developing relationships with project teams to ensure projects completed in agreed upon timelines.
The Senior Technologist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Like to work on the bench or pilot plant developing formulations, testing ingredient performance in savory applications.
- Embrace change, are flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Like to offer new ideas and thinks out-of-the-box and are willing to continuously learn.
- Work collaboratively with peers, manager, team leads and key stakeholders.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science or equivalent technical field with 2 to 5 years relevant work experience in Savory Applications.
- Demonstrated experience in hands-on savory product development using laboratory and pilot plant equipment.
- Experience with experimental design, statistical data analysis, and interpretation of results is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with cross-functional teams.
- Some travel to visit other Ingredion facilities, customers or attend conferences may be required.
Relocation Available? Within country considered
Job Grade: F
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.