LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Principal Chemist, Global Nutrition R&D
Ingredion is hiring a Chemist responsible for conducting laboratory experiments and analyses to support our Nutrition R&D Research Program.
As Chemist, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting new ingredient research and development activities by utilizing scientific and technical skills.
- Understanding standard laboratory practices and managing assignments and delivering timely results under dynamic conditions.
- Recording research activities and results and documenting findings as required. Carrying out assignments with minimal supervision, reviewing data for accuracy and interpreting and communicating results effectively to project team.
- Monitoring laboratory supply inventory and maintaining an organized and functional lab environment.
- Assisting with sample preparations and shipment for external research projects and responding to technical questions from stakeholders.
- Operating according to Ingredion’s standard safety procedures and policies.
- Effectively interacting with cross-functional teams through written and oral communications and maintaining and understanding of overall status of assigned projects.
The Chemist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Carry out multiple tasks and can plan and deliver results in support of project goals.
- Have an enthusiasm for laboratory bench work and method development
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn new scientific concepts and bench level analytical techniques.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with hands-on work experience in a laboratory environment.
- General understanding of food chemistry, ingredients and analyses is preferred. Basic knowledge of carbohydrate-based ingredients and their functionalities is a plus.
- Experience in analytical assays, preferably enzymatic, and with laboratory instruments is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in applications development using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment is preferred.
- Good mathematical skills and familiarity with analytical calculations.
- Ability to perform various assignments involving routine and standard operations with minimal supervision. Ability to adapt quickly and modify research plans as needed.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point) and ability to construct spreadsheets, charts and graphs.
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly articulate research findings through presentations and reports.
Relocation Available? None
Job Grade: E
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.