JOB TITLE: Food Technologist, Dairy Applicatons
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate, Dairy Applications Team Leader
Ingredion is hiring a Food Technologist to support the design and execution of product development, customer support, and applied research projects in Dairy Applications. The Food Technologist will support projects of defined scope with high level of independence. The Food Technologist will also support the development of dairy capabilities in the organization including providing required education and training.
As a Food Technologist, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting new ingredient and product development initiatives for the dairy applications area by designing and conducting experiments in the laboratory and pilot plant
- Applying routine analytical methods to characterize the attributes of formulated food products, and coordinate more extensive testing with Sensory and Systems Design & Measurement teams when required.
- Assisting with implementation of company strategy by testing the performance of new ingredients and solutions in dairy applications and communicate results to Go-To-Market (GTM) team to support the launch and marketing of new and existing products.
- Developing new food formulations as necessary to demonstrate performance of our ingredients in order to best meet project or customer requirements.
- Supporting our Go-To-Market teams by communicating information on ingredient performance in customer relevant applications.
- Delivering high quality presentations to demonstrate and communicate results to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Developing industry relationships and networks within research and professional organizations for technical support and collaboration in projects.
- Keeping accurate records to support internal clients and external customers, including records for intellectual property strategy
The Food Technologist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional and global teams to understand project and market needs, define shared work plans, and gain support and input throughout project timelines.
- Like to work on the bench or pilot plant developing formulations, testing ingredient performance in dairy applications.
- Embrace change, are flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Like to offer new ideas and thinks out-of-the-box and are willing to continuously learn.
Qualified candidates will have:
- B.S. or M.S. in Food Science or technically related field
- Experience in hands-on dairy product development using laboratory and pilot plant equipment is preferred
- Experience with experimental design, statistical data analysis, and interpretation of results is highly preferred.
- Understanding of food safety Good Manufacturing Practices, specifically related to dairy products and processes
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with cross-functional teams.
- Some travel to visit other Ingredion facilities, customers or attend conferences may be required.
Relocation Available? Yes- within region considered
Job Grade: E
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.