TITLE: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: North Kansas City, MO
Ingredion is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Engineer. This position drives improvement through a detailed understanding of equipment and systems and the variables impacting the operation. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the safe day to day operations of the plant through troubleshooting, technical support, and implementation of capital projects. This position identifies opportunities and successfully implements change to strategically reduce manufacturing costs, optimize productivity, and minimize waste.
As a Senior Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing capital permits and projects as identified and assigned, within budget and on time, delivering targeted return on investment and in compliance with engineering standards.
- Providing technical support to the Safety Manager to design and/or redesign work processes that eliminate losses due to personal injury or property damage.
- Supervising and executing projects, establishing and meeting budget, scheduling and supervising project activity, training personnel, supervising start-up and coordinating with all departments.
- Complying with all plant regulatory, ISO, Quality, Food Safety systems, GMP policies, guidelines, standards and requirements.
The Senior Engineer position is well-suited for you if you:
- Challenge the status quo and think boldly, creating value in new ways for all customers.
- Respect and value others’ differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives.
- Are never satisfied with the current results, assuming personal responsibility to work proactively and continually improve.
- Use data and findings to support broader and cross functional business recommendations.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Chemical preferred) or equivalent in experience.
- Seven (7) + years engineering experience demonstrating successful implementation of solutions, including effective project management of large scale projects over $500k and experience directing outside consultants and assisting with the supervision of junior engineers.
- Knowledge of the Wet Milling industry or relevant experience in other industries (food, chemical, bio-chemical or pharmaceutical) with substantial experience in research, engineering, or manufacturing. Experience in the manufacture of sweeteners from starch, a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering and unit operations relevant to the Wet Milling industry, such as basic chemistry, heat and material balances, P&ID development, mechanical and physical/chemical separations, evaporation, crystallization, drying, material handling, CGMP, and energy management.
Relocation Available? Yes/ Within Region
Job Grade: G
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.