Ingredion has an opportunity at our Westchester, IL location for an entry level Financial Analyst, Capital Planning. In this role, you perform financial analysis, craft relevant data and provide financial guidance to support the North American Region’s business planning and decision-making processes, to ensure the profitability and sustainability of the business.
Reports To: Manager, Capital Planning
Within this role your responsibilities will include:
- Review and develop capital expenditure recommendations by ensuring sound business justification, validating assumptions, understanding and developing discounted cash flow models, interacting with all partners, and summarizing relevant data significantly. Facilitate execution of capital allocation by aiding in forecasting, reporting actual spending monthly, tracking individual project progression and ensuring timely approval of projects and complete post completion reviews on all capital projects on time. Assist and guide partners in capital software understanding, input and approvals.
- Build and maintain preliminary project justifications, financial models, and summary reports which will craft the Strategic plan submission for the North America Region. Seek developments in the business to make valuable recommendations and prepare ad hoc analyses as requested in order to facilitate the formation of sound business plans and strategies.
- Analyze and develop lease proposals by substantiating the business case, performing lease vs. buy analyses, and writing recommendations. Validate execution of lease schedule. Work on special projects focused on accounting, financial analysis, financial forecasting, or financial reporting as required.
- Ability to deal effectively with dynamic change and support the team along those lines.
- Identifies areas that can be improved and constructively proposes new solutions that increase value and improve business performance. Focus on standardization and standard methodologies for capital request submission.
- Build and nurture effective working relationships with both internal and external customers that will help facilitate effective communication of business needs.
Ingredion is seeking the following skills, and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or CMA preferred. Will consider MBA with strong accounting history.
- 2-3 years prior experience preferred in a similar role
- Strong analytical acumen.
- Ability to perform and have an understanding of cash flow modeling (DCF-ROI) and variance analysis.
- Analyze financial results and assess financial/strategic impacts of business decisions. Working knowledge of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and working capital analysis.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience with Microsoft Excel Word and PowerPoint. SAP.
- Travel 5-10%
- Knowledge of the ingredients, food manufacturing or similar industries (competition, business climate, manufacturing processes) is a plus.
Desired behavior, personal attributes, and competencies:
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to convey information to all levels of the organization in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, in terms of the overall business process.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects at a time.
Relocation Available: No
Job Grade: E
Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
Ingredion Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.