Ingredion has an opportunity at our Bridgewater, NJ location for a Team Lead, this individual will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality service to our customers, aligned to Ingredion’s Customer Experience commitments (responsive, empathetic, proactive, and innovative). This is accomplished by enabling day-to-day team operations through supervision, coaching, and training of the team. In addition, the Team Lead serves as a point of escalation to help troubleshoot and resolve customer issues, and works to identify and drive system and workflow improvements to enhance team effectiveness. In order to effectively support the team, this role will learn the daily responsibilities of the CS Agent and will perform this work as needed to service our customers.
Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Direct Report: No direct reports; provides day to day supervision and coaching of the CS team
As a Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership – Supervise, guide and direct day-to-day activities of the customer support team in accordance with the area of business responsibility.
- Staffing, Training, and Development – Participate in selecting high quality talent for the CS team. Ensure training of team members to independently execute responsibilities for all customer segments within the specified business. Provide feedback and coaching to the customer support team in support of their ongoing development. Provide feedback on team performance for Performance Management.
- Customer Support — As needed, process customer orders for products, address questions, resolve issues, and respond to inquiries. Ensure the accuracy of order data and adhere to the order processing flow (system and processes). Perform calculations regarding order processing, delivery times, and freight as necessary. Maintain up to date files according to the standard operating procedure. Ensure copies of orders and return orders are given to appropriate stakeholders.
- Problem Solving — Partner with the team to proactively identify potential issues, consider alternative solutions, and take corrective action to resolve problems.
- Continuous Improvement – Seek opportunities for improvements with the team and lead the execution of improvements. Communicate the changes to external and internal customers. Creates reports and assigns special projects. Maintain department productivity metrics / dashboards and lead daily team huddles.
- Technology — Identify, improve, and implement/test new processes to meet changing business requirements.
- Communication and Teamwork —Support the communication of new policies and procedures to internal and external customers as they arise. Help lead team/department meetings with the Customer Support Manager.
- Customer Advocate — Serve as a liaison between external customers and internal functions to ensure customer satisfaction.
Qualified Candidate will have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a business, science, or a supply chain related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in a customer-facing position or work-related equivalent.
- Prior export & import international freight logistics experience is preferred. This includes knowledge of required documentation, country regulations, ocean and air freight, SED filings, working with freight forwarders and international customers.
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal, and conflict management skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback and coaching to team members and to represent the company internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to successfully coordinate and handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously.
- Ability to learn the daily responsibilities of the Customer Support role and effectively train others to execute day-to-day activities for customer segments within the supported business.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise/lead/coach peers
- Knowledge of creating and documenting standard operating procedures.
- Strong detail orientation and business/math acumen, including ability to think critically, analyze problems, and advocate for fact-based solutions
Relocation Available: No
Job Grade: F
Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.