TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning has overall accountability for supply planning functions. It is responsible for key customer service metrics and supply chain related performance metrics, while also contributing to the Sales and Operations Planning process. The Senior Manager is responsible for development of supply plans, inventory management, and is key to driving a positive customer experience. This group supports two TIC manufacturing facilities, multiple internal and external distribution facilities and handles coordination of orders and raw materials globally. The Senior Manager will also serve as a key partner across multiple dimensions of the organization including manufacturing, sales, product management, logistics, and customer service. The role also includes developing standard supply, capacity and inventory management tools and processes in order to align with one business S&OP process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee seamless integration of operational assets in order to exceed customer expectations worldwide.
- Drive production planning and inventory optimization/deployment planning in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Develop capacity and inventory plans/strategies within the ERP system to account for unexpected demand and supply opportunities and communicate accordingly to sales and manufacturing
- Oversee an efficient demand planning process that is fully integrated with the sales forecasting process. Manage customer lead time and demand fences.
- Monitor the quality of and provide support for mid-range planning process for make-to-stock items and the lines that produce them. Provide the organization with long range capacity analyses to ensure all product lines are prepared for growth.
- Develop and implement training processes for new planning software/process implementation along with peripheral software tools
- Establish external warehouse stock levels to ensure adequate inventory in each location in accordance with customer demand and lead time expectations. Ensure accurate recording of transactions in support of providing documentation for VAT returns as required.
- Responsible for achieving performance metrics and KPI’s. Review product shortages, late orders, and safety stock levels while working with Contract Manufacturers/Warehouses, Purchasing and Manufacturing to meet customer requirements worldwide.
- Act as subject matter expert for SAP and other Supply Chain software to ensure continuous improvement is made to internal Supply Chain processes.
- Manage the Supply Chain Planning department, including the hiring, coaching and development of individual team members.
- Stay abreast of current trends, supply chain practices and market conditions.
- Ensure all critical processes are documented and updated.
- Follow all company safety rules in performing job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the Supply Chain Planning team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum ten (10) years of years of experience in Supply Chain positions, preferably in food manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Production Management, Supply Chain, or professional certification in Supply Chain.
- Prior experience leading a team in one or more of the Supply Chain areas above, with the proven ability to maximize performance of team members.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP is required
- A strong understanding of ERP, MRP (specifically SAP, JDA, and SmartForecast), and other replenishment management methodologies is required, and experience with implementing ERP and forecasting systems is recommended.
- Experience managing the supply chain in a food or regulated industry (e.g. pharmaceutical)
- Must possess have strong problem solving skills, demonstrated leadership and a continuous improvement mindset
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the same expertise
Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and interact with all levels of management and employees within the organization and with suppliers. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
Advanced mathematical skills are required. In addition, ability to analyze large sets of data and summarize trends and conclusions is required. Familiarity with inventory analytics, statistical modeling approaches and visualization tools preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must have advanced computer literacy. Requirements include proficiency in Microsoft Office software and a demonstrated knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Proficiency in Chinese Mandarin is desirable.