Business Unit: Corporate Human Resources
As a Human Resource Generalist, you will provide generalist support, process improvement and talent management for select Corporate functions. In this role, you will play a key project leadership role for HR initiatives, support managers in employee relations and performance management, and engage with other HR SMEs such as compensation & talent acquisition.
The HR Generalist role is well suited for you if you enjoy the following responsibilities:
- With supervision, act as business partner to the Corporate organization.
- Project Manager for Global Mentor Program.
- Project Manager for PALS – Buddy System Program.
- Project Manager for the Global Finance Academy.
- Lead Hogan debriefs and career development planning sessions for Corporate.
- Lead employee relations where necessary and performance improvement actions.
- Assist in leading development lunches for high potentials.
- Audit Corporate goals, development plans and performance reviews to ensure appropriate calibration and objectivity.
- Organize training and development programs. Work directly w/ internal/external partners, instructors and participants to coordinate logistics for meaningful learning opportunities.
- Serve as key lead communicating internal notifications to initiate preparation for new hires and employee changes (compensation, systems, workspace, etc) .
- Generate promotional increase proposals for VPHR review.
- Conduct Corporate IPE evaluations for new roles. Coordinate evaluations with Corporate Compensation for grade J and above.
- Continuously seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of core HR processes and bring new ideas to the HR team
- Collaborate closely w/ the LSS steering team to drive Corporate training, track and present on project results.
- Anticipate team needs and respond appropriately.
- Identify improvement opportunities as appropriate to save time and prevent errors.
- Assist retiring and exiting employees with collection of company property, introduction to applicable benefits representatives and final exit interview note preparations.
- Work w/ Sr. Manager Facilities and IT on work space for new hires/promotions and computer/telephones setup.
- Manages calendars, schedules meetings, processes expenses and invoices and coordinates travel.
- Partners w/ other Human Resources functions and teams on as needed basis for support and project coordination
- Manager/HR debrief sessions for new hires.
- Conduct first interviews w/ internal and external talent. Participate in feedback sessions and assist in candidate offer flow process. .
Qualification candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree/PHR is a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant HR experience in a public company. Exposure to multi-national environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and data management skills with the ability to translate data into insights, recommendations, and actions
- Prior experience handling employee relations issues & investigations
- Proven experience in leading multiple projects from beginning to end
- Ability to lead meetings and training sessions with senior leaders
- Strong computer skills with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, etc.) as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), such as Workday
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to apply HR knowledge, policies, and practices effectively to a wide variety of business situations and to groups with differing needs
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with C-Suite executives in a professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to balance multiple, competing priorities and execute effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and lead autonomously.
- Potential and desire to progress into HR positions of increasing responsibility and complexity over time after successfully delivering in this role
Job Grade: F
Relocation Available? No
Ingredion Incorporated is a leading global ingredient solutions provider to the food, beverage, paper and corrugating, brewing and other industries. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Westchester, Illinois, we turn grains, fruits, vegetables and other plant materials into value-added ingredients and biomaterial solutions. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our ingredients make crackers crunchy, yogurts creamy, candy sweet, paper stronger and add fiber to nutrition bars. With more than 11,000 employees around the world, we serve customers in more than 60 diverse markets in over 100 countries.
Each day, we live our Company Values—Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation—so that we may create enduring, mutual value for our customers, business associates, communities, colleagues and shareholders. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.