TITLE: Sales Account Manager - Sweetener Solutions
LOCATION: Mid-Atlantic Region (Home Office)
REPORTS TO: Director Regional Sales – East Region, Sweetener Solutions
Ingredion is hiring an Account Manager responsible for our Sweetener Solutions sales territory in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast region of the United States. The Account Manager will manage all commercial activity at customers in the territory, as well as develop new business opportunities. The Account Manager will also coordinate cross-functional teams (e.g. Technical Service, Marketing and Sales) to assist in maximizing profitability for the region.
As an Account Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Optimizing customer relationships and leveraging those relationships to maximize Ingredion’s profitability.
- Maintaining and growing the sales territory revenue and profitability for both our core and specialty sweeteners.
- Generating new business by developing new sales opportunities and converting opportunities into revenue. Growing the “opportunity pipeline” for the territory to ensure reliable stream of future new business. Prospecting to find new potential customers.
- Negotiating new contracts with customers and managing the development, accuracy and delivery of those contracts.
- Working with customers’ procurement, R&D, marketing, management and other buying influences to sell our ingredients and meet volume, revenue, profit targets and specialty product growth for the territory.
- Contributing and supporting the strategic business plan and adjusting tactical sales plans based on developing market conditions.
- Optimizing market position and maximizing profitability on both core and specialty product lines.
- Performing administrative tasks such as forecasting, completion of call reports, monthly reports, opportunity updates, budgeting and expense reports. Updating activities and opportunity progress in Salesforce.com.
- Coordinating with internal departments to meet customer and Ingredion needs and to maximize sales and profitability. Providing immediate analysis of customer issues and employ problem solving skills to obtain successful solutions and total customer satisfaction.
The Account Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Provide solutions that create value for customers and use knowledge of business and the market to meet goals.
- Identify and sell to key decision makers and senior management at customers.
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and work well with others.
- Can manage unexpected events and communicate and adjust plans accordingly.
- Think creatively and explore multiple possibilities for overcoming challenges.
- Are able to work in a remote office environment as part of a global organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business or related field with minimum of 5 years of sales experience, preferably in food or ingredient sales.
- Proven track record of managing and penetrating complex accounts and delivering results; preferably to processors/manufacturers in the food industry.
- Proven negotiation skills and strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage strong relationships to generate sales & profitability.
- Proven record of growing revenue and managing financial dealings with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate many complex activities / projects simultaneously.
- Solid presentation skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead activities of a cross-functional team to deliver results.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point), salesforce.com knowledge a benefit.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% (including overnight)
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.