Title: Plant Coordinator
Location: Bedford Park, IL (Argo)
Ingredion is hiring a Plant Coordinator to serve as on-site management representative for the Argo plant during second and third shifts, weekends and holidays. Ensure proper response to and resourcing for safety/environmental incidents, serve as single site contact for off-shift incidents and customer/carrier communications, prioritize maintenance resources and coordinate with unit personnel to execute against production priorities, provide management presence and support to all the Units, act as subject-matter-expert in appropriate operational areas, and monitor off-shift security activity to ensure plant remains safe and secure.
As a Plant Coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
- Serving as Plant Emergency Coordinator and first responder to all emergencies in plant. Coordinate transport of any injured employees requiring outside medical treatment and act as liaison between emergency medical personnel and the Company.
- Overseeing facility production and coordinating maintenance and other shared resources in accordance with plant priorities. Directing activities of additional maintenance resources that are held over or called in where necessary. During plant shut downs, work with operations teams to ensure coordinated shut-downs to meet maintenance schedules. Facilitating communication during shut-down and start-up and assist plant Shut Down Coordinator as needed.
- Assisting in coordinating maintenance activities for Infrastructure team.
- Monitoring performance of key processes and summarize through KPI reports. Providing management support in response to process deviations as reflected in KPI reports and process trends. Assisting operations teams in troubleshooting process deviations.
- Providing one point of contact for off-shift information transfer for EHSS, quality, production, maintenance/reliability, and regulatory compliance concerns. Requiring daily interactions with control rooms.
- Assisting in and conduct safety and emergency preparedness inspections, drills, and other similar activities. Providing primary response for blood borne pathogen program including clean-up and notification of Area Management and Plant Medical.
- Accessing storeroom as needed to support off-shift maintenance activities.
- Coordinating where necessary with internal rail service team and outside railroads to ensure fluid railyard operation and proper unit service level.
- Ensuring excellent Customer Experience by providing immediate response to customer and carrier phone inquiries, emergency orders and shipments, late deliveries, quality concerns, etc. Taking immediate action and coordinate necessary follow-up communication as dictated by circumstances, and communicate with Customer Service team to ensure clear feedback to customers.
- Investigating and participating in Root Cause Problem Elimination sessions for safety and quality incidents as necessary. Serving as subject-matter-expert in appropriate areas of operational experience.
The Plant Coordinator position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Displayed responsiveness, proactiveness, innovation, and empathy in support of our overall Customer Experience.
- Demonstrated positive, continuous improvement mindset and willingness to accept feedback to improve.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, including effective performance in high-stress emergency and crisis situations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach others to improved performance, leading through influence to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated decision making ability, planning and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate across functional lines and at all levels.
- Qualified candidates will have:
- Knowledge of Corn Wet Milling Manufacturing operations, processes and customer base, preferred.
- Ability to learn and apply Ingredion’s GMP, Quality and Safety standards.
- Must be able to work a demanding rotating shift schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Learn and apply SAP-MM skills in reviewing and prioritizing notifications, creating work orders, locating spare parts, and reviewing Bill of Materials, etc.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: F
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.