TITLE: Internal Communications Manager, North America
LOCATION: Westchester, IL
The Internal Communications Manager, North America, supports the development of an internal communications strategy, delivery vehicles and content to drive understanding and achievement of the business strategy and support a positive, well-adapted company culture.
Supervision: No direct reports
As an Internal Communications Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Work with HR and regional business leadership team clients to develop and execute communication plans and create messaging and materials to support business initiatives and change enablement efforts.
Write, edit and produce regional news and organization change announcements for internal use across a range of media.
Assemble, write and edit compelling executive employee presentations and produces the live events from a technical standpoint. Advise presenters on delivery and presence.
Produce or support larger internal events, including business conferences, community service activities and other live events that require communications support.
Supports HR in the communication of any employee engagement initiatives including Diversity & Inclusion and the Employee Value Proposition, which positions Ingredion as an attractive company to work for.
- Helps to shape key outreach/talent acquisition events which exemplify and communicate Ingredion’s brand values
Advises on event planning to improve audience experience and ensure the communication of key messages and appropriate brand values
Measure the effectiveness of regional internal communications on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations to improve.
Bring in best practice approaches to Internal Communications from other organizations and industries, especially in the digital and social media sphere.
Collaborate with Corporate Internal Communications to leverage existing channels, competencies, production and proofing processes for efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness in regional communications. Create concepts and materials with an eye toward use in other regions.
- Provides targeted site communications support for key Ingredion locations in the United States and Canada.
The Internal Communications Manager position is well-suited for you if you have:
Strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
Flexible, positive and responsive and works well on own initiative. Strong desire to please the client while also producing compelling messaging and content for employees.
A knowledge and understanding of media, including social media.
Ability to build and leverage productive cross-functional relationships.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or English
- Five or more years of work in corporate or marketing communications roles, ideally with an internal communications component in complex organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong copyediting and proof-reading skills. A hands-on communicator that can write effectively, accurately and with speed.
- Successful track record in developing and implementing communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience in advising senior managers on complex internal communications challenges, presentation delivery and executive presence.
- Some design sense and skill in production of visuals, including slides, posters, video and digital media as well as experience purchasing these services as well.
- External corporate communications experience in a public company a plus
Relocation Available? Within US Region
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.