TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist will provide leadership and support of the continuous improvement process at TIC locations. This is viewed as a mission critical, functional leadership role for site and support to the corporation. The primary objective is to support functional areas such as but not limited to; Customer Service, Manufacturing, Warehouse, Sales, Supply Chain, and Human Resources in operational process efficiency improvements and business process design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establishing and drive a culture of continuous process improvement throughout the organization. This involves being a focal point for continuous improvement activities and ultimately recognized as a visible leader in this area.
- Work collaboratively with site leadership to identify initiatives and establish priorities based on corporate business objectives.
- Lead multiple lean six sigma teams which work on projects that deliver process improvements and financially contribute to the business, leveraging the results throughout the organization.
- Manage/assist with site and regional savings targets for continuous improvement efforts. While the savings will be rolled into the individual site savings to report and claim, this role will share some direct responsibility for achieving these targets.
- Communicate the status and eventual results of lean six sigma projects effectively with stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and support to continuous improvement systems implementations such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Provide leadership, mentoring and support for others who are working on continuous improvement at the various locations.
- Coaches local teams in identification of opportunities and execution of projects according to a defined methodology.
- Assist in developing training materials and training others in various aspects of continuous improvement. Acts as a subject matter expert for improvement methodologies
- Support employee training in the proper application of Continuous Improvement concepts. Coaches and mentors Green Belt candidates to ensure successful completion of projects
- Maintain and expand personal knowledge of lean six sigma methods and tools.
- Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.
- May perform other functions that may be assigned. List of primary functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operations, a technical, or a business role.
- Trained as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Black Belt, preferably a Master black Belt
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent.
- Ability to work with and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to foster positive relationships with and between team members, plants, support functions and functional groups.
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills and a high degree of integrity.
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Capable of learning, leading and sponsoring a data oriented environment with an emphasis on statistics, SPC, and data analysis.
- Continuous improvement competencies including: Six Sigma methodology, 5S, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen, Green Belt Certification.
- Capable of managing and mentoring remotely on a regular basis