Job Title: Manager, Sales Development - Food Service
Position Location: Home Based position – near Chicago, IL or Bridgewater, NJ
Reports To: Director, Sales Development
Ingredion is hiring a Manager, Sales Development – Food Service to identify target customers for the Company’s specialty products in the Food Service (FS) industry and partner with the sales, technical and marketing teams to establish plans for attaining business with identified target customers. The Manager, Sales Development- Food Service will be responsible for maximizing US and Canada specialty sales and related commercial business activity in Food Service.
As Manager, Sales Development your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of the Food Service industry (both the FS manufacturers and the operators) to facilitate sales development efforts. Pro-actively providing market and competitive intelligence to appropriate sales, marketing, product management and technical personnel.
- Recommending specialty “value-added” solutions to national and regional food service manufacturers, including effective introduction of new products, technologies, and processes.
- Developing and nurturing the network of selected high priority operators and distributors in Food Service in order to have Company’s ingredients included in their recipes / offerings.
- Providing understanding of the Food Service industry (e.g. key operators, bid process, details of the players in the FS value chain, etc) to the Sales Teams and supporting initial sales activity with the goal of meeting short and long term targets for revenue, profitability and market share.
- Ensuring close alignment with Marketing, Technical and other team members participating in the Food Service team.
- Networking at Food Service trade shows, conferences and venues to build knowledge and identify new prospects within Food Service manufacturers and selected operators and distributors.
The Manager, Sales Development position is well suited for you if you:
- Take responsible risks to achieve outstanding results
- Adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity
- Operate with a sense of urgency and are responsive to customer needs
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions
- Seek to understand how issues and solutions will impact other areas of the company
- Respect and value others’ differences, seeking opportunities to learn from those with different perspectives.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Bachelors’ Degree in food science or other relevant scientific, engineering, or business discipline. Additionally, an MBA is a plus.
- Significant direct and practical Business development and Sales experience in Food Service industry, in particular with ingredients.
- Experience with proven value selling approaches and techniques. Focus efforts to prove the value of an ingredients’ functionality vs. its per unit cost
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both in creation and execution
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required. Experience in problem solving and creative thinking.
- Strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures – both internal and external.
- Available to travel domestically approximately 50%. Close proximity to a major airport is preferred.
Relocation Available? Yes
Job Grade: S08
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.