Ingredion has an opportunity at our Bridgewater, NJ location for a Director, HR providing human resources leadership to the Global Innovation and Strategy Group (GIST) functions and serving as the lead HR thought partner to their leadership teams. Reporting to the SVP Strategy & Innovation, this role will lead & deliver effective human resources strategies and practices and solutions consistent with business strategy and promote improved organizational effectiveness. In addition, this role will also have HR accountability for the Global Specialties organization, Ingredion’s growth engine and serve as the HR business partner. There are two direct reports (Generalist and Associate Generalist) and indirect responsibility for local talent acquisition specialist.
As a Director, HR, your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the SVP Strategy and Chief Innovation Officer to develop and implement a comprehensive talent strategy for the function supporting the overall Company strategy. Serve as a key member of the Global Innovation and Strategy Leadership Team.
- Lead in the identification of long term talent needs, development of organizational capabilities, recruiting and retaining a diverse talent pool, building employees engagement, fostering an innovation culture, and implementing work practices to improve overall organizational effectiveness.
- Lead an effective Performance Management process to drive strong business performance and effectively defines individual accountability, rewards performance, and supports employee development and growth. Ensure effective communication with Functional Leadership Teams to ensure goal alignment, understanding and commitment to delivering business objectives.
- Lead the succession planning process, driving actionable outcomes to ensure available talent and capabilities to meet short and long term business requirements.
- Partner with Corporate Recruiting to attract, select, develop, and retain diverse talent that build long term capabilities and provides a competitive advantage for the business
- Work with the GIST Leadership Team to identify high potential talent, drive disciplined development of this talent, and execute programs coach, mentor, build technical and leadership skills.
- Partner with leaders to develop and implement effective business processes and organization designs. Assist in ensuring business are implemented effectively across functional groups and geographies, working with HR cohorts to resolve conflicts as needed.
- Identify and maintain key organizational metrics to guide business decision making and support external competitiveness benchmarking.
- Proactively identify and address opportunities to improve team and individual performance.
- Provide HR support, coaching, and leadership to develop a highly engaged workforce, and help build an innovative culture that promotes risk taking and curiosity.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with Corporate HR partners and resources ensuring required support for HR needs and effective influence in decisions impacting the business.
- Communicate and drive adoption of and alignment to global Ingredion Vision, Strategy, HR processes, policies and standards in areas such as total rewards, performance management, compliance, recognition, and employee communication programs.
Qualified Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or HR discipline. Master’s degree / MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience partnering with senior leaders.
- Proven experience designing and implementing training and development programs and structures to improve organization design and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading processes to plan succession and identify leadership talent in organizations.
- Strong understanding and experience in the administration of compensation programs, salary structures, job evaluation, and variable incentive systems.
- Proven experience in the acquisition and development of diverse talent in support of D&I goals.
- Strong project management, presentation, communication and coaching skills.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 25% of time
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
- Imperative to maintain absolute confidentiality and build trusting relationships within the GIST leadership team and broader organization.
- Translates business strategies into actionable plans by leveraging market and functional knowledge. Continually draws upon internal and external knowledge and insights and seeks opportunities to translate these into actionable plans.
- Proactively engages the right resources from across the organization in setting challenging goals and delivering results. Motivates colleagues to continuously improve solutions that exceed the level of excellence expected.
- Champions new processes, removes barriers and adapts current processes to facilitate improvement. Drives commitment and trust through change by engaging individuals/teams.
- Brings best practices to the organization. Challenges the status quo, recognize and promote others’ new ideas and helps teams develop the skills required to be innovative.
- Ensures people provide ongoing feedback, have difficult conversations, express empathy as appropriate and take appropriate actions. Holds managers accountable for employees’ development goals and secures resources to support employee development.
Relocation Available? Yes, within country
Job Grade: J
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is a FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.