JOB TITLE: Technical Service Manager
LOCATION: Englewood, CO
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, US Canada Ingredient Solutions Technical Service
Ingredion is hiring a Technical Service Manager to support the Western Regional Go-To-Market team in developing strong customer relationships through leadership in technical service to several key territories/accounts. The Technical Service Manager will lead, manage and develop a team of technical service professionals and also have overall site management responsibility and accountability for our Englewood Idea Labs Site and Facilities. The Manager will work with our sales team to identify business growth opportunities within the food industry, lead and manage projects of varying scope and build strong customer relationships critical to success.
As a Technical Service Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing a team of 3 technical service professionals and a Facilities & Safety Coordinator. Coaching, training and support for personal and professional development of the team.
- Supporting the Western Region of the US. Working with Sales and managing key direct customer accounts in the Colorado area to deliver rapid product innovation, formulation support, processing assistance and technical problem solving.
- Conducting technical presentations of new products, applications and market opportunities and providing technical expertise and support via phone, during customer visits and plant trials.
- Collaborating with the onsite Global Applications Team to maintain the pilot plant and execute on key and strategic customer projects.
- Overall management of the Englewood site, including ensuring safety procedures and protocols are adhered to, working with our Global Innovation team on capital project approvals and managing relationships with onsite sub-leasers (leasing companies and property manager).
The Technical Service Manager position is well-suited for you if you:
- Like to lead and develop teams/individuals and can manage multiple complex projects working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively create new solutions.
- Embrace change, are flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Act with urgency, are results oriented and like to offer new ideas and continuously learn and improve.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Master’s degree in Food Science or equivalent technical field with >7 years relevant commercial and product development experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or equivalent technical field with >10 years’ experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in hands-on product development, formulation and using laboratory and pilot plant equipment.
- Prior management experience of individuals/teams with technical backgrounds.
- Strong project management skills and experience to execute work and deliver projects on time. Understands how project plans and priorities are set and resourced.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, communicate and interact with various cross-functional teams internally & externally. Can interact and work collaboratively with other companies who sublease on site, as well as peers, managers, team leads and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills e.g. making and delivering presentations, writing capital project proposals
- Ability to travel 35-40% to customers with Sales, Marketing and other functions to commercialize and promote Ingredion’s products and solutions.
Relocation Available? Within country considered
Job Grade: H
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.