TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Analytical Scientist will provide support in analytical development and have responsibility for research experiments and data integrity, as assigned by management. The analytical scientist must be able to design and implement an experiment based on an overall description of the intended outcome and will also serve as a mentor to the analytical group.
- Provide analytical testing support, method development and validation testing for new systems developed in R&D.
- Routine testing for formulation development, in-process and stability testing.
- Quick resolution of technical problem solving and troubleshooting, ensuring issues are addressed without delay to projects.
- Develop, communicate and deliver analytical strategies to keep projects on track.
- Author/review analytical documents e.g. reports, specifications
- Provide support in project management with contract manufacturing and testing facilities.
- Conduct data collection, interpretation and ensure proper documentation of experimental data. Ensure data integrity .Maintain laboratory notebooks.
- Complete assignments requiring an expert level knowledge of techniques and practices related to the analytical area.
- In collaboration with the formulation scientist, design and perform laboratory research experiments.
- Accumulate knowledge and skills to support development and management of research protocols in support of multiple systems discovery efforts.
- Use knowledge and experiences to interpret and properly document experimental data.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A BS with 3-5 years or MS with 1-3 years of relevant experience in an Analytical laboratory and R&D environment.
- Prior experience in handling analytical instrumentation such as FTIR, HPLC, Microscopy, UV/VIS. Etc
- Statistical program and LIMS Systems experience.
- A high degree in computer proficiency and the ability/interest to learn new software programs required.
- Excellent skills in collecting data and accurately maintaining laboratory notebooks required.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.