Title: Manager, Electrical Engineering, Corporate
Location: Westechester, IL
The Manager of Electrical Engineering, will provide leadership, a broad range of electrical engineering expertise and technical support to all regions of Ingredion in support of their manufacturing, quality, safety and business goals. This includes electrical power generation and power distribution systems, electrical equipment optimization and troubleshooting, review of potential projects, and support during major project implementation.
As a Manager, Electrical Engineering, Corporate, your responsibilities will include:
- Provide electrical engineering and technical expertise to ensure the safe and reliable operation of electric power systems in processing facilities worldwide. This includes electrical power distribution systems and equipment optimization and troubleshooting, equipment design, specification and selection, due diligence studies, consulting on safety, regulatory, risk management, maintenance, testing and utilities.
- Originate plans and develop strategies for power systems worldwide to ensure electrical reliability and safety in the most cost-effective manner.
- Provide electrical engineering and project management expertise in support of projects, to ensure stated quality, operational, safety, schedule and budget objectives are met.
- Provide consulting and troubleshooting expertise to solve complex technical electrical problems in support of the business needs of the manufacturing facilities.
- Support the Regulatory Affairs, Risk Management and Quality Assurance Departments regarding worldwide electrical issues.
- Perform power systems studies for existing and proposed facilities in order to optimize electrical system reliability and personnel safety. This includes reliability, load demand, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination, and Arc Flash Hazard studies. Manage direct outside resource to conduct electrical studies such as transient stability and harmonic analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and current knowledge to global support of electrical safety, hazardous area classification and electrical installations.
- Provide support for development and maintenance of Corporate Engineering electrical standards and specifications.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support for electrical and utilities.
- Review and evaluate proposed projects as requested to ensure optimum technology, complete scope, and alignment with business goals.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of current and emerging technology that will maintain or improve the company’s competitiveness. Evaluate those technologies and make recommendations on their application to improve safety, reliability and profitability of operations worldwide.
- Develop new ideas, concepts or techniques that may be useful to our business and operations.
- Provide technical support and/or leadership to task force teams that focus on collaborative optimization to promote manufacturing excellence.
- Maintain the company’s technical intellectual property to ensure the company’s competitiveness through proper record retention, mentoring of engineers, and preparation and distribution of best practices and design manuals in the electrical area.
- Maintain awareness of latest trends in electrical equipment engineering and design and regulatory requirements for equipment design and operations.
The Manager, Electrical Engineering, Corporate position is well-suited for you if you:
- Must be a decisive, goals-oriented individual, capable of independent decision making with the ability to successfully meet targeted goals, on time and within budgetary constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills suited to task force and consulting assignments and to directing or influencing others (both inside and outside the direct chain of command) with the ability to interface effectively with team members, management, customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated application of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative and innovation in handling complex technical assignments and integrating those solutions with business needs into decision making with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of experience. A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering would be a plus.
- Significant knowledge of electric power generation and distribution systems engineering and design as demonstrated by 15 plus years in this field of technical expertise.
- Established experience in development and implementation of power and control system strategies for both new and existing electrical systems. Proven ability to perform power system studies including reliability analysis, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination, and arc flash hazard.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting electrical system problems involving complicated protective relaying systems, generator controls, and electrical equipment such as circuit breakers, variable frequency drives, and uninterruptible power supplies.
- Knowledge and experience with high voltage equipment and switchyard facilities up to 138 KV.
- Proven experience with commissioning of complex electrical projects.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including: OSHA, ANSI, IEEE, NEC, NFPA, NEMA, and IEC.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex electrical technical problems as applied to facilities design, equipment failures and maintenance troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present designs and study results, and to prepare effective and concise written reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with people from different cultural backgrounds, experienced and new engineers.
- Willingness to travel including international locations up to 30 percent of the time on the job and may consist of consecutive weeks in any of the company facilities.
- Fluency in English required. A working knowledge of a Latin or Asian language would be a plus.
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.