JOB TITLE: Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology and Applied Fermentation
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Director, Research and Technology
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Research Associate to develop cutting edge bio-technology in support of business objectives. The Associate will perform genetic modification utilizing cloning techniques and express, purify and analyze enzymes. The associate will develop and grow expression systems to produce proteins, hydrocolloids or small molecules. The Associate will lead cross-functional research and product development teams identifying profitable solutions to industry needs and driving projects to successful outcomes.
As Senior Research Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of projects to develop new ingredients using bio-technology
- Leading multifunctional teams to identify profitable solutions to the manufacture of new ingredients
- Investigation of new technologies to progress new product development and improve current product manufacture.
- Deliver compelling technical solutions to business opportunities
- Adopting cutting edge technology and analytical tools within the research environment
- Keeping up-to-date on advances in related technologies through open sources.
- Writing reports and effectively communicating results to project teams and stakeholders.
- Development of industry relationships and networks within the professional organizations.
- Potential supervision of junior staff.
The Senior Research Associate position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have strong critical analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities and creatively link together disparate ideas to propose novel approaches.
- Are a skilled bench scientist with experience in fermentation techniques and genetic modification
- Adapt to shifting priorities appropriately and help others operate with flexibility.
- Demonstrate a high degree of energy, self-motivation, personal commitment, and ownership.
- Offer new ideas, think “outside the box” and have an ability to explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges to come up with best solutions.
- Learn continuously and stay up to date with current science trends.
Qualified candidates will have:
- PhD with 3+ years of industrial experience in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or Biotechnology a or Masters with 5-8+ years relevant experience.
- Strong background in genetics, expression systems, fermentation, or protein engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects independently and lead multifunctional teams.
- Experience with experimental design, statistical data analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Critical analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities are a must.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical reports and deliver technical presentations.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with colleagues from a wide variety of roles within the company.
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Minitab is a plus.
Relocation Available? Within country considered
Job Grade: G
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.