TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Supply Planner works with Sales, Customer Service, Procurement, IT, and Manufacturing to develop and manage production schedules for both short and long range material planning. While making decisions, this role must consider customer needs/service, current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Creates work orders for satisfy customer orders and/or stocking requirements.
- Identifies and implements system and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall business continuous improvement.
- Analyzes inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels, safety stocks, and other planning parameters that will ensure product availability, optimize inventory costs, and minimize lead times.
- Supports new product development through cooperative scheduling with various departments.
- Plans and establishes production schedules for numerous work stations; considers factors such as cost efficiencies, manufacturing methods, raw material availability and special order requirements when adjusting schedules.
- Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors which affect schedules.
- Determines preventive and corrective actions for rework, obsolete stock and material dispositions.
- Works collaboratively with other departments in activities including, but not limited to:
- Facilitating weekly/daily production scheduling meetings.
- Working closely with procurement to ensure raw material availability.
- Performing capacity planning with production team
- Problem solving production issues
- Identifying root cause of late order issues
- Ensuring proper approvals prior to commencement of work orders
- Monitors inventory turnover to minimize inventory commitment and assures effectiveness of Master Production Planning.
- Plans and executes on all contract manufacturing.
- Approves invoices for contract manufacturers.
- Coordinates and arranges warehouse transfers between locations.
- Coordinates and plans materials requirements for new product introductions, including review of new BOM’s and cut-in dates for build verification and production units.
- Assists in the resolution of MRP, planning and inventory discrepancies.
- Works cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
- Reviews and updates production schedules and material requirements according to demand and supply constraints.
- Respond to customer requests as necessary.
- Complete Sales Order allocation as necessary
- Follows all company safety rules while performing job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field required.
- 1-5 years of Supply Chain experience required
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is highly preferred
- Understanding of and experience utilizing ERP software is required. A minimum of 1 year utilizing SAP is preferred.
- Prior roles in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, or chemical industries is preferred.
PLANNING SKILLS: Must possess an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-18 month time span.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be organized and have good attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time. Must have computer proficiency, including experience in Windows, Excel, Word Access and ERP.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.