Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Bedford Park, IL (Argo)
Ingredion is hiring a Unit Maintenance Manager to be responsible for the safety, quality and efficiency of maintenance work performed aimed at optimizing the plant’s production, cost effectiveness and budget adherence.
As a Unit Maintenance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining safe work practices and environmental compliance. Contributing to the achievement of plant safety goals. Maintaining safe working conditions throughout the unit.
- Being accountable for the execution of the short and long term maintenance planning, scheduling, and continuous improvement activities.
- Analyzing relevant Key Performance Indicators to identify deviations and initiate corrective actions.
- Assessing and advising asset risk in collaboration with the reliability, engineering, and operations team to ensure condition based monitoring compliance.
- Developing and managing a unit maintenance budget.
- Collaborating with procurement, reliability and engineering to determine spare parts inventory.
- Initiating Management of Change (MOC) process as necessary.
- Responsibility for vendor selection of non-core contractors from the approved vendor list.
- Providing necessary bid packages to include scope of work, materials and equipment as required by Procurement staff.
- Developing and implementing improvements to maintenance management practices. Driving cost awareness, controlling and reducing programs in order to meet or improve upon the financial goals of the unit and plant while protecting investment in current and future capital assets.
- Using SAP, Prometheus, and other maintenance systems in support to drive the overall maintenance activities and continuous improvements.
- Facilitating root cause problem elimination sessions.
- Working with contractor leaders to oversee safety and quality of work and achievement of schedule.
- Partnering with contractor leaders and site leaders to review workload, skills of manpower, and manage labor resources.
- Maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and joint accountability with the production units, recognizing mutual goals, accountabilities, and needs as well as building consensus in a positive manner with customers, suppliers, and team members.
- Leading reliability, preventative maintenance and condition based monitoring efforts and improvements.
- Working closely with Operations in developing, implementing, and evaluating risk of strategies to ensure the success of the Plant. Support Performance management activities and site development efforts to enhance the capability and provide ongoing personal development for direct reports.
The Unit Maintenance Manager position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in setting expectations for staff in a manufacturing environment, including capability to perform effectively in high stress, emergency and crisis situations.
- Ability to learn and apply Ingredion’s Safety, Quality, and Financial Safety standards.
- Ability to communicate across functional lines and at all levels and ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to lead in a team environment, motivate, build consensus and foster positive relationships with team members and contractors.
- Ability to evaluate personnel needs/effectiveness and implement effective development activities for salaried reports.
- Ability to understand and integrate technical and business needs into all activities.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Reliability preferred or equivalent in maintenance experience. CMRP certification desirable.
- Experience in managing a maintenance department for a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in maintenance reliability, preventative maintenance, condition based monitoring, and root cause problem elimination techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP system as it pertains to maintenance and accounting, a plus.
- Use of KPIs for decision making and corrective action.
- Experience in creating and adhering to department budget.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.).
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks
Relocation Available: No
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.