TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
SUMMARY: The Regional Account Manager, Southern California is accountable for meeting the targeted sales growth goals for assigned accounts. This position is also responsible for the overall coordination, the functional management and leadership of all of the sales activities for assigned accounts and/or regions.
Location: Southern California (Home Office)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Is accountable for meeting targeted revenue growth goals and delivering new business growth for assigned accounts. Generate new customers through territory prospecting and sales lead follow up.
- Manages and grows an opportunity pipeline within CRM software (Salesforce) for new growth within assigned accounts and/or region.
Activities to include, but limited to:
- Effectively opens, develops and closes opportunities within the pipeline with attention to valued-added and solution-based selling
- Provides management with accurate opportunity and territory forecast based on pipeline and market analysis in a timely manner
- Develop Account Plans that provide commercial insight, establish customer goals and action plans.
- Executes an effective Territory Plan at target growth accounts to include, but not limited to, conducting:
- Business reviews
- Technical presentations
- Effective customer negotiations
- Coordinates all customer needs for assigned accounts with the rest of TIC organization including such areas as marketing, technical, and customer complaints.
- Maintain the CRM (Salesforce) database and corresponding activities.
- Stays abreast of current trends, market conditions, and technological advances through continued education; maintains ongoing technical learning as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all company safety rules in performing job duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference in a technical discipline (Food Science, Chemistry, or Biology). MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of direct sales or technical sales experience with focus in the food and beverage industry.
- Experience in ingredient technical service as well as strategic account responsibility, is desired.
- Proven track record managing and penetrating accounts and delivering results
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point), salesforce.com or other CRM experience a strong plus.
Up to 80% travel by plane and/or car spent per week traveling to assigned accounts.