TITLE: Corporate Communications Specialist
LOCATION: Westchester, IL
Ingredion has an opportunity at our Westchester, IL location for a Corporate Communications Specialist to support the Director of Corporate Communications and VP of Investor Relations in the execution of the external communications strategy to enhance the awareness and reputation of the Company.
As a Corporate Communications Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining corporate website. Regularly monitor and update content, recommending and implementing enhancements based on best practices and new technologies.
- Managing the production of the Company’s Annual Report and Sustainability Update publications. Working with vendors and related Company functions to develop concepts, produce content, secure approvals and create final publication.
- Coordinating production of Company tribute ads for fund-raising and other external corporate events.
- Designing and delivering content that resonates across multiple platforms, including social media, corporate web site and within presentations.
- Supporting media monitoring database and production of the Ingredion Daily News, electronic update of current external news for employees.
- Supervising photo and video shoots and maintains photo library.
- Managing corporate social media presence.
- Liaising with marketing communications team on brand identity and corporate social media communications.
- Bringing best practices to the function from other organizations and industries.
The Corporate Communications Specialist position is well-suited if you have:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, proven ability to write and edit for print and electronic media.
- Good design sense and highly-skilled in production of publications and visuals, including slides, video and print and digital media, as well as experience working with vendors.
- Proven experience in social media, media relations and experience in investor relations or financial communications a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and leverage productive relationships at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Results oriented, strong work ethic, outstanding teamwork skills, and unwavering commitment to professionalism and best practices in the execution of Corporate Communications.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and meet or exceed established timelines.
- Creative thinker who is excited to bring new ideas and technologies to the team.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, journalism, public relations, communications, marketing communications or a related field. Coursework in presentation and web site development required.
- At least 3 years of experience in Corporate Communications, preferably in a global public company and including support of financial communications.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites, including Adobe Design, Abode Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 Company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.