As the Administrative/ Human Resources Assistant with Ingredion, you will provide administrative support to the Plant Science Group, you will serve as a first point of contact for callers and visitors to the Indianapolis North Office. In addition, you will assist with the planning and coordination for the office, based events and other activities as needed. This role will be responsible for document preparation, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars and appointments, sort and deliver mail, maintain inventory supply, expense report management, crafting presentations, preparing correspondence/documents and invoices for review and signature, ordering office supplies, and other support activities as required.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
Within this dynamic role you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee logistics, schedules, meeting participation and reservations, for all internal and external meeting/conference related activities for the department.
- Answer incoming calls, provide information, route callers, and take messages as appropriate.
- Prepare/write, compile, format, proofread, edit and/or type various correspondence, reports and technical information for publication and distribution.
- Bind and distribute periodic books and other presentations/documents, for distribution to senior management or others as instructed.
- Organize and maintain files in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ensure security for documents, information and projects.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, that will help facilitate effective communication of business information.
- Cultivate the tenant landlord relationship.
If you hold the following skills & qualification, Ingredion wants you:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). College coursework in general business is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience providing administrative support in a business environment.
- Possess excellent social, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent typing and data entry skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office software required. Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Effective analytical skills including confirmed experience building tables and charts to present
- Strong attention to detail with excellent proofreading, grammar and composition skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a dynamic environment with the ability to successfully lead and handle multiple tasks/activities at a time.
Desired behaviors & experiences:
- Independent and critical thinker that can work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to learn new assignments with a willingness to maintain flexibility and support change.
- Integrative thinker who understands the impact of decision and /or change to all parts of business.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across the organization.
- High energy level and a customer service orientation.
- Confirmed ability to appropriately handle confidential data, materials, and correspondence.
- Past experience at a global company supporting a team that travels internationally, schedules meetings.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: D
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.