TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
Summary: The TIC Gums Customer Service Representative is responsible for responding customer requests for product, pricing, delivery information, and samples in a professional and responsive manner with high attention to detail. The Customer Service Representative provides full account service, from quotation through delivery as well as any post-delivery issues. Our growing business is looking for a skilled problem solver to join our Customer Service team. We need an enthusiastic individual who can listen to customer service issues and then offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem. The successful candidate for this role will have excellen communications skills, and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Enter customer orders into ERP system in a timely and accurate manner, with particular attention to product identification, pricing, quantity, requested ship date, freight terms and ship-to address. Determine promised ship date in accordance with current guidelines and send acknowledgement of orders to customer. Allocate available inventory and work with Production and Inventory Control to monitor order progress from initial order entry to shipment and correct problems, if necessary, to ensure on-time order delivery.
- Allocate available inventory within 24 hours following FIFO guidelines when able, dependent on customer’s restrictions. Work with Production Inventory Control to monitor order progress from initial order entry to shipment and correct problems, if necessary, to ensure on-time order delivery.
- Respond to requests for quotations in conjunction with Sales and following established pricing guidelines.
- Serves as the on-boarding agent and speaks directly with all new customers; activities include but are not limited to: the collection of completed customer documents, the communication of TIC’s internal contacts and a general welcome as a new customer to TIC.
- Create new customer accounts in the CRM and ERP systems and maintain accurate and current records on contacts, product, and pricing for existing customers and prospects.
- Maintain changes to existing customer accounts in the CRM and ERP systems. Collaborate with TIC accounting department to resolve any credit terms discrepancies.
- Assist customers with requests, questions, and/or complaints. Work collaboratively with other departments to provide information and/or resolution to customers.
- Establish and monitor customer contracts including order releases, contract balance, and follow-ups for assigned accounts.
- Work with the credit department to assist in creating and maintaining customer credit and addressing collections issues.
- Expedite sample/literature requests and compose appropriate correspondence to customer. Provide information to Marketing department for direct mail campaigns, as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training to gain knowledge of customer applications, to stay current with TIC products and their functions and to develop sales and telemarketing skills.
- Identify areas for process improvement, recommend and work towards resolution with appropriate co-workers.
- Assist with development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the customer service team. Utilize templates and file nomenclature in the Policy Tech database to store job aids, SOPs and forms.
- Manage accounts with customer portals; activities include but are not limited to: develop job aids and SOP for how to manage individual portals, document each in CRM system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all company safety rules in performing job duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree or 3 to 5 years of customer service experience in a manufacturing/distributor environment preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with customers and all levels within the organization. Ability to write call reports and business correspondence, to effectively present information and to respond to questions. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be organized and work with high attention to detail. Ability to move quickly between tasks under time pressure, while maintaining a professional demeanor. Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP and CRM (Salesforce) software; able to standard office equipment.