Title: Maintenance Planner
Location: Bedford Park, IL
Ingredion is hiring a Maintenance Planner to plan and execute the unit maintenance activities to effectively balance operating reliability against maintenance costs while meeting unit and plant goals for safety, productivity, and customer experience. Provide the planning, scheduling, and record keeping for all maintenance activities for the assigned units.
As a Maintenance Planner, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and scheduling maintenance activities in the assigned unit including: identifying safety requirements, estimating time/manpower requirements, setting tasks, identifying materials and tools, writing technical information which may include Management of Change (MOC).
- Planning and scheduling maintenance activities to an appropriate level of detail required for execution and identification of critical paths.
- Acquiring and maintaining in depth knowledge of appropriate company safety and regulatory rules, procedures, and policies, in order to craft job plans appropriately.
- Responsibility for managing the maintenance planning process including: all safety requirements, planning of work orders, managing back log, and scheduling work..
- Working with plant engineers to evaluate regulatory and environmental requirements including Management of Change requirements.
- Providing reports to management for maintenance activities as necessary.
- In conjunction with operations, coordinating delivery of equipment, materials and kitted parts to execute the maintenance job plan.
- Entering requisitions for parts, labor and services for planned work in SAP.
- Creating and maintaining Bills of Material (BOM’s) in SAP following corporate standards.
- Writing New Item for Stores (NIFS) for changes or updates.
- Using SAP, Prometheus, and other maintenance systems in support of the overall maintenance planning process.
- Creating job plans and standard job plans utilizing template and maintain in system.
- Debriefing with maintenance mechanics for feedback after completion of the job.
- Participating in Root Cause Problem Elimination (RCPE) as necessary.
- Providing proper documentation to Procurement in support of bidding of work.
- Facilitating the weekly planning and scheduling meetings.
- Working with Gatekeepers to integrate production plan with maintenance plan.
- Acting as back up for maintenance manager.
- Working with Unit Maintenance Manager on preparing and adhering to annual unit maintenance budget.
The Maintenance Planner position is well-suited for you if you have:
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships.
- Ability to communicate across functional lines and at all levels.
- Ability to learn and apply Ingredion’s Safety, Environmental, GMP, and Quality standards.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance planning and scheduling including shut downs and the creation of job plans for a manufacturing environment including food, pharmaceutical, or refinery industries.
- Knowledge of SAP and Prometheus systems as it pertains to maintenance and operations a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Project, preferred.
- Use of KPIs for decision making and corrective action.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of maintenance practices. It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Relocation Available? No
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.