Title: QA Specialist
Location Bedford Parlk , IL (Argo)
Ingredion is hiring a Quality Assurance Specialist to support the continuous improvement and maintenance of the facility Food Safety Management System to meet the requirements of FSSC 22000 and FSMA.
As a QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and leading the activities and work of the HACCP team(s) in the development of the HACCP programs in a timely and effective manner.
- Acting as the team’s primary contact person for the Food Safety Team Lead for progress reports and issue resolution.
- Acting as one of the site’s Preventative Controls Qualified Individuals (PCQI).
- Coordinating and submitting team schedules, reports, and other necessary documentation required from the team.
- Coordinating and leading the HACCP team in evaluation of HACCP programs at planned intervals as required.
- Verifying the hazard analysis and the adequacy of the established prerequisite programs and preventative controls.
- Verifying the effective implementation of relevant Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs).
- Maintaining records of the site Food Safety group.
- Maintaining current knowledge of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) with regards to human food and animal feed, and current knowledge of the seven principles of HACCP within FSSC 22000.
- Being knowledgeable of food cGMPs as it pertains to prerequisite program functionality and application within FSSC 22000.
- Ensuring that team members are adequately trained by designing, implementing, and maintaining HACCP training programs.
- Fostering team and individual growth through identification of training requirements, coaching, and mentoring.
- Working with units to verify PRPs and oPRPs and issue CAPAs where necessary.
- Acting as Food Safety Subject Matter Expert during customer, regulatory, and registrar audits.
- Acting as backup for GMP Pest control Specialist when required.
- Other duties as required.
The QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST position is well-suited for you if you are:
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask to achieve desired goals within established time frames.
- LSS Orange or Green Belt certified, desired.
- Able to recommend solutions to resolve non-conformancies.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or related sciences.
- Current knowledge of ISO, HACCP, food safety within FSSC 22000 or equivalent approved GFSI Scheme.
- Knowledge in program and customer/regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively managing relationships.
- Familiarity with the CWM process and experience working in a plant environment would be a plus.
- Good communication skills.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: E
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions—corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.