TIC Gums is a global leader in food texturizer and stabilizer solutions. Food and beverage companies rely on TIC Gums to improve the texture, stability, consistency, nutritional profile, and shelf appeal of their products. Legendary customer service, high quality standards, and the unrivaled knowledge of our Gum Gurus® has made TIC Gums the industry leader for more than 100 years.
This role is responsible for maximizing the profitability of the global hydrocolloid business for assigned product lines. Work across geographic and organizational lines (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Finance, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Quality and Manufacturing) facilitating communication and coordinating actions to ensure that short and long term product profitability goals are achieved for assigned product lines.
- Serves as expert on assigned TIC product lines including ownership of pricing, liaison with logistics and demand planning, providing detailed product, scientific, market and technical product support internally to the sales organization and to customers; travels as necessary to major account meetings.
- Responsible for generating gum market reports (internal and external) to ensure effective transfer of information between TIC departments and customers. Proactively reports key market information including customer and competitor landscape, notable trends, changes and risks.
- Support pricing strategies and execution on margin dollar optimization by incorporating internal profitability targets and market supply/demand dynamics.
- Develops a thorough understanding of market price changes and leads the strategy of setting and changing list prices as needed. Works closely with sales management to get a better understanding of competitive market dynamics at customer level to improve capacity utilization, increase product value extraction and gain additional individual insights that can be used to better anticipate upcoming market price changes. Supports sales management during competitive bids.
- Work with Marketing, R&D and other departments to effectively drive the business component of new product/solutions, including business cases, strategic positioning, internal support and effective launch plans.
- Assist sales and marketing teams with analytics for customer visits, raw material market trends, market pricing and other projects/initiatives.
- Manage and optimize regions’ product portfolios to include products that meet customer and market needs and operational efficiencies. Support development of domestic and regional product line strategies that enable achievement of sales goals and financial targets.
Agility and Innovation
- Evaluate, establish and execute strategies for constrained input items on assigned product lines (ie: raw materials and/or production capacity) together with Planning, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales Teams. Ensure logistical limitations related to assigned products are clear and understood by the sales management (e.g.minimum order quantity, pallet configurations, leas times) and provide support in overcoming supply issues such as product shortages as necessary.
- Leads the SKU rationalization process for global regions and assigned product lines. Adapts regional product portfolios to global tastes, trends and business demands.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or supply chain field. Course work towards an MBA an asset.
- 3+ years of commercial, R&D and/or analytical experience in the food and beverage industry.
- Knowledge of the food and beverage industry, food ingredient markets, competitors and supply chains.
- Interest in international business and multicultural experience
- Hands-on experience utilizing SalesForce.Com
- Working knowledge of ERP, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong self-initiative and decision making
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to convey information in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team and proven ability to resolve cross-departmental issues, and implement plans through the cooperation of others.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large variety of tasks and information in a fast paced environment where timely decision making from often limited data and research time is critical.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects